Retailer Check - Mt Carmel Wines, CT

Mt Carmel Wines, Ct

Anyone have relevant experience (searched board, kept finding Carmel, CA).

Thanks in advance,
Josh

I updated the OP title so that people know a bit more before clicking it - easier to reference

Strange shop, but never any issues. Only ever dealt with them in person.

Basement is cold and great. Wines that have been upstairs for a while can be a bit dodgier. Use to be the best source for old wine in the Northeast - I cut my teeth on aged burgs from there. Then winesearcher happened. Sad face.

Certainly one of the more interesting stores around, especially in regards to their selection of older wines. Of the occasional older wines I’ve purchased (e.g., '70s red Bordeaux), never had an issue with condition. Unsure about it currently, but in the past, certain items listed on their website were out of stock.

Just judging them from their website they seem idiosyncratic but with some great, rare treasures, kind of like Federal Wine & Spirits in Boston, MA, they have a great underground cellar if you ever visit.

Have some nice wines. No problems with provenance or service. You won’t find any deals here though and bit of a weird vibe from them.

Anyone buy from here recently?

I still stop in there from time to time. It’s a nice shop. Lots of aged wines. Gotten to know the guys there a bit more and all seem like decent fellows.