2015 Bedrock Spring Release

Some favorites, some new ones…

Coming February 17th. [cheers.gif]

Looks like I need to get busy drinkin’

For those that care these are the wines specifically mentioned:

“The release will include the delicious, warm weather loving 2014 Ode to Lulu Rose, 2014 Judge Ranch Sauvignon Blanc, 2014 Abrente Albarino along with red goodies like a couple of 2013 Heritage Wines, a single-vineyard 2013 Syrah, and2013 Kamen Cabernet.”

Side note - my heart skipped a beat with the “we sold to Gallo” joke. Nice one Chris.

If you are keeping score at home, here’s the 2014 Spring Release. It looks pretty close to the Spring 2015 minus the Grenache Gris.

2013 Ode to Lulu Rose, Old-Vine Rosé
2013 Abrente Albarino, Napa Carneros
2013 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc (Kick Ranch and Judge Vineyard)
2013 Gibson Ranch Grenache Gris, McDowell Valley
2012 Pagani Ranch Heritage Wine, Sonoma Valley
2012 Griffin’s Lair Syrah, Sonoma Coast
2012 Kamen Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Moon Mountain

No zin. :frowning:

I have not had either of the whites in previous vintages. Nice bottles, I presume?

Yes zin:
2012 Pagani Ranch Heritage Wine, Sonoma Valley

I bet we’ll see a few more bottles than we did at this release last year. Chris mentioned a “couple of 2013 Heritage wines” so I bet we’ll see Lorenzo’s in addition to the Pagani. Do those wines not scratch your zin itch Kyle?

Dave - the Sauvignon Blanc was fantastic in '13 but the vineyard sources changed a little bit in '14 so I can’t speak for how it will be different. Looks like I left myself a note to order more of those this year. The Rose is gorgeous and I definitely need more than the 3 bottles I ripped through last summer. I can’t speak for the Abrente Albarino, but others here have high praise for the whites and I’m sure they’ll chime in.

It didn’t even register that heritage = zin. Rough morning.

I wonder if the SVD Syrah will be an Alder Springs and not the Griffin’s. I don’t remember where, but I thought I remember Morgan talking about how great the Alder Springs Syrah was coming along.

I actually really liked the Grenache Gris from last year. Bummer it didn’t make the cut this year

Different strokes. My least favorite Bedrock by a long distance.

I think the Gris was a one-time deal based on some grapes Morgan had access to.

I wonder when we’ll see the release of the Montecillo Cabernet? I think if we keep asking questions Morgan is somehow summoned to answer them, it works kinda like Beetlejuice.

I thought the last Albarino was great!

For what it’s worth, I popped and poured a 2012 Pagani Ranch Heritage earlier this week – and while those who wait will be more rewarded than I was – it was mighty darn good! Lovely bold fruit, nice rich mouthfeel, good balance of acid and tannins – and all the usual praise Morgan deserves. I’m eager to see his notes on the 2013 to see how it compares (although my wallet isn’t quite ready for it).

Regarding the whites, I have only been on the Bedrock list for a year, but I did order the Kick Ranch SB and the Abrente Albarino, last year. I thought both were outstanding–especially, as sipping on the patio wines in the summer. While I’m at it, the Ode to Lulu, of course, should be on that list.

Agree with the comment that the Grenache Gris was the weak sister, last year, and FWIW I felt that the Abrente Godello last fall needed some work. Both of these were perfectly drinkable wines, but neither really snapped my carrot.

You have to say his entire name three times.

Morgan Guy Twain-Peterson!

I’ve never heard this phrase before…love it!