Arnot-Roberts Rosè anyone,

Vintage 2014 offer just hit my e-mailbox. Touriga Nacional from Luchsinger Vineyard.
I’ve no experience with AN rosès and would appreciate any comments.

Cheers,
Warren

This shipping cost is insane deadhorse

The wine is excellent, but I’ve only seen it at restaurants in the past, so I can’t speak to the cost or the shipping. One of the better California Roses IMHO.

I haven’t had the 2014 but previous vintages have been easily one of the best rosés out there.

+1, the '12 was one of my all time favorite Rosés.

I really want some, I just can’t pull the trigger on $7.5/bottle shipping for a $23 wine. I’ll just hope I get to try a sip of someone else’s open bottle this summer.

I’m new to the list, but 6.66 a bottle for shipping on half a case to the East coast seems incredibly high. Anyone know of any East coast retailers who normally carry this?

So is the wine club price $23 or is that suggested retail? And how much is shipping within CA?

Just curious to compare and contrast . . .

$23 doesn’t sound outrageous for one of the best domestic roses out there according to many - just wondering if this is discounted price or full retail. And anyone know what it cost last year?

Cheers!

Larry - You seem to ask a lot of questions about costs of other’s wines. Are you asking to better gauge your competitors?

Just curious………

Dave,

I am not on a lot of other winery’s wine club lists so I am not privy to this information. I’m always interested in what others charge, mostly to gauge what others are paying for good wines out there. And what better way to find out than to just ask, right?

I could spend more time going onto a bunch of websites to look, but ‘in the heat of the moment’, when a thread is ongoing, it seems like a perfect place to ask. Much of the time, that info is laid out in the thread, but sometimes it’s not - and it’s interesting to see how different folks react to the same information . . .

Hope that clears that up for you.

Cheers!

None for me. I ordered a 6 pack of the touriga rose from the 2012 vintage and I just didn’t “get” it. I tried them at cellar, fridge & room temp and just did not find any of them enjoyable to my palate. Not trying to bash the wine, but if i could do it over again, i would try before I go long on these. It is a different style of rose.

Their customer service is great. I had a few that had depressed corks, and they sent out replacements right away.

So $6.66/bottle to ship ground to the east coast…

I just looked at three other wineries where I recently ordered 6 bottles, and the costs per bottle to ship ground to the east coast were:

$5.33
$5.83
$5.00

An extra $0.83 per bottle over the highest of the other three is absolute noise. So is an extra $1.66 a bottle in the grand scheme of things.

The issue is that we want really good wine at a reasonable cost, and we hate what it takes to get it to us. It feels all that much worse when it’s a $20-$25 wine instead of a $60 wine.

But overall it’s noise.

Thanks for taking a look back. My experience hasn’t been the same as yours, with my average hovering around $4 a bottle, but then again newhere.

You’re quite right that the shipping does seem to hurt more when the wines are more “reasonably” priced.

This was not a look back. This was three orders placed in the last month.

I agree, the shipping cost is tough, especially for a lower priced wine like the rose. It’s delicious but personally I always pass on the direct offer because of that. Usually the better NYC shops such as Flatiron and Chambers St get some in stock not that long after the direct offer hits.

Mel loved the 13, the 12 was my fav. Will buy.

Wondering if they will let you ship the rose along with purchases made in their upcoming Spring offering? This might bring down the shipping charge/bottle if one is going to buy their syrahs, cabs, etc anyway.

Cheers,

Hal

Love the wine, will not order if they charge those shipping costs. Oh well, plenty of other ways to spend my $.

I’ll ask that question and report back. Does anyone have historical pricing info on the SV cabs?