Super Bowl wine - What Are You Opening?

What are you planning to open for the Super Bowl? I’m going with a 2009 Lillian Blue Label or 2011 Turley Hayne

Rooting for Seattle (or more accurately against New England), so I’ll likely go Washington…probably Cayuse or K Vintners. Specific bottling TBD.

Lesser of two evils: a patriotic wine of some kind. Clam Chowder?

My wife has allegedly banned me from having a Superbowl Party this year after massive amounts of entertaining over the past couple of months. I’m scheming on how to change her mind, and figure I have 4-5 days.
We always pop bubbly for kick-off and drink mostly American reds during the game.

Beer and Chili.

I am going way out on a limb here…well 1 1/2 feet out anyway…that seems to be a long way around here…and make a conservative call on this one. I guess I will stay with brats and beer, maybe add a few cheese curds and hope I dont choke on them.

Might have to go with a Manhattan or Bourbon on the rocks. Bully Boy, specifically, as it is a Boston-made “American Straight Whiskey” that is only available in MA, or not far beyond. I lugged some home from Boston in my emptied out wine carrier.

Wait - what time will the kickoff be? Might be too early in CA to do Bourbon.

3:30PM PST. So well past 5 O’Clock in New England. Just don’t have too many to the point where you don’t remember the game. Unless of course Seattle repeats.

Perhaps better to go with a bottle of Bionic Frog!

Beer.

What vintage???

I will be making bourbon cocktails (old fashioned, manhattan, etc. - nothing spoofy) up to kickoff, then it’s beer during the game.

On the wine note, I am actually conducting a tasting on Saturday the 31st, the day before the game. The host and I have concocted a little joke for the end of hte tasting, where we will take the leftovers and do a “what wine goes best with Doritos” tasting. [cheers.gif]

2015 PtE

will see what my local breweries are selling…

Ordered a few bottles from Limerick Lane Cellars. I might just grill up BBQ chicken and serve with the 2012 Limerick Lane 1023 Zin.

I’ll be drinking beer while out fishing. Football season is over.

Beer & nachos.

TBD Carlisles. Bottles i have had before so i can just sit back and enjoy and i know the crowd will love them

Unfortunately no wines…just craft beers

^this^

Except it will be fish tacos and Champagne.