2014 Wine List You Most Regret Not Buying From

There are just too many lists and I can’t buy from all. I do really regret not buying my Sandlands offer.

Under the Wire [oops.gif]

Becklyn. I was looking forward to buying but it landed at a bad time and I had to pass. Hopefully I’ll get an offer again this year.

MacDonald (I wasn’t fast enough)
Schrader (Bad timing, money was too tight for me to justify it)
Torrin (I can’t believe it… I just forgot! I’m an idiot)
Maison Ilan (Top notch customer service, and I slept on being a proud part of the legacy of MI)

(One of those was in jest— I leave it to you to figure out which)

I missed both a Myriad and Quivet release [head-bang.gif]

Allocation - Reynvaan

+1 on Becklin, Hilt.

Sandlands

DRC ex cellar. Missed it because I am not on the list!

Myriad, Dehlinger, Bedrock (again). I spread my purchases out to get a little off a few lists and some I couldn’t afford when the pricier bottles were desired :neutral_face:

None. Lists are basically for US-based wine, which is fine, but it’s only like a quarter of my consumption and I can find things I want easily enough. If I don’t get something, it’s OK - there’s some other wine that I’m happy enough to get. Can’t think of anything I really have to own.

Wish that I would have bought more from Anthill Farms. I picked up a mixed case of their syrah (sonoma coast, campbells, and peter’s).
All of these are top notch wines. Dead ringers for N Rhone, meat, pepper, olive, bright fruit.
Will buy more of these next year and give the pinots a chance too!

My wallet regrets that I bought from everyone where I received an offer!

I didn’t order either because they don’t ship to SC and I am tired of having to ship to GA and pick it up. But I just received an email from them over the weekend with a second chance offer to order. I thought about it but will still skip it.

I wish I had ordered my Sandlands fall offer. I was at least able to offer it to someone on CC so hopefully it will up may allocations for the next offer, which I will buy!

I mostly agree with what you said. But I missed out on the 2012 Aubert Chardonnay. They’re a combination of amazing quality and really hard to find at retail for a fair price.

Small Vines Wines Pinot Noir and Chardonnay

Wind Gap Wines

I was trying to cut down on orders because a leak from the condo above mine caused ceiling damage and everything in the great room may have to be moved out for repairs, including boxes of wine (maybe not the wine cooler unit) Might as well have ordered as I did succumb to many other purchases and still have much wine to be moved when repairs occur (probably in February.)

None. Did pass on some wines and bought less from some than in the past. No regrets, it’s always time to move on to new and fun things.

The lesson I am learning and forced to learn time and time again is: there will always be another great wine to buy.

MacDonald - Literally sitting at Cinderella’s Royal Table at Disney World, on my birthday no less, and I see the email come through. I tried to click through the links but it wouldn’t work on the iPhone. So frustrating! But still a successful day at Disney.