Whatcha Drinking for New Years Eve?

Required disclosures:
1)can’t believe this thread doesn’t exist but couldn’t fine one. Mods please combo or delete if I missed it
2)I do know we have the sparkling wine tasting note thread. No intention of stepping on that one. In fact will add my notes there later.

Anyway…we’re headed to neighbors’ house, so I will contribute but not control the wine. I know we’re having short ribs, so have lined up a 2006 Turley Mead Ranch Zin for dinner. Also a bottle of Under The Wire sparkling Chard (excited to try) to start or toast midnight. And a bottle of our house sparkler (Roederer) for my wife to sip on through the evening.

Cheers to a great new year!

Oh good lord. Now I see MBerto’s thread 3 below mine. I must be blind, sorry.

Nah, it was right below your post! lol.

champagne.gif

Bump

bump

bump

Everyone sick here so no wine at all. Couldn’t smell or taste it if we wanted to.

2007 Lewis Cellars Cuvee L!

2012 Larry Hyde Larry Hyde Chard at home !!

07 millennium white hall with steak and lobster and briceland bubbles before and after. Happy NYE Y’all!

1993 Clos du Val Reserve
2010 Gilles Cornas
2007 Vob Schubert Maximin Grunhauser Riesling

2013 Bevan Cellars Dry Stack SB
2007 Clos des Papes CdP

All Killers!

2012 Joachim Flick Hochheimer Konigin Victoriaberg Riesling Kabinett, Rheingau.
Delicious but more like an Auslese. [cheers.gif] .

Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut

A bit too sweet for my tastes

2009 Champagne Savart Champagne La Dame de Coeur
2004 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne
2010 Jonata Winery La Sangre de Jonata
2009 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut
1996 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon–midnight toast

We had a big group so got to try some new things. Savart we loved, it was a perfect opener to the night. Marie courtin was good but was definitely a food wine. 96 dom was amazing–my first experience with champagne that had some age on it. I will definitely be ordering more. Jonata and taittinger were good as well but not new experiences.

hope everyone has a wonderful new year champagne.gif

Oh, exhausted and tipsy… I will strive for a forensic review of the scene of the crime in the morning.