No NYE Thread? Post your wines here.

Will probably open bubles but haven’t picked one and it will likely be an afterthought. Maybe pickup a Schramsberg BdB.

We’re doing prime steaks, and I’m on wine duty for a bunch of relative amateurs, so I’ve picked
a Jordan Cab
“Bedrock” Vino Bambino Pinot Noir
Probably another Bedrock Syrah because Lord knows I’ve got enough of it.

We are staying in and cooking…Lobster tails done sous vide and a 24 oz Flannery Strip. Surf and turf- maybe a little cliché, but a tradition!

Champers- not sure which, but prob Vilmart Cuvee Grand Cellier Brut
Red- 1988 Lynch Bages
Sweet- 86 Climens

Slight change- sweet will be a 2009 Coutet 1/2 bottle.

1985 Grahams Port. Just popped the cork and the genie is being release from the bottle.

2005 Joseph Phelps Insiginia paired with filet mignon cooked on my BGE

Dessert wine will be a 2012 Caymus 40th neener

Main NYE wine was last night, as we are going to a large dinner party that will not be winocentric. At a downtown NYC restaurant, where it was not as cheap as their online winelist had it, but still a steal: Truchot '05 CDLR. Still a baby but not shutdown, fascinating, subtle wine. I’ll try to post a proper note in the next few days.

quiet evening at home with a couple of champagnes I’ve never had
tumblr_nhgufnRZ381qmedgeo1_1280.jpg

I’m drinking this. Never heard of it - was brought as a gift. I really like it.
image.jpg

Just had that conversation with the warden, now the debate begins. I do have a veuve that I’ve looking to get rid of and the non geeks will snap it up so I guess I should put that in the refrigerator.

If you open a bubbly, post the note here for charity. Week 6 Virtual Tasting - What Bubbly you opening for NYE? - Scott Brunson for Homeless Shelter - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Got a lobster we’ve named “Freddy” who will end up a lobster roll. Also picked up huge king crab legs and a ton of starters. Going to wash it all down with a 99 Salon Blanc de Blanc and a 2002 Billecart Salmon Elisabeth Brut Rose. The kids will enjoy a Sparkling Grape Juice.

We are going to open that big ass 6L Champagne we got on last bottle.

Plus, wherever the cellar whispers to me to open!

At Ruxbin in Chicago for first seating: 2009 Peay Vineyards Chardonnay Estate and 2006 Seavey Cabernet Sauvignon

Also have the Bereche Brut Reserve ready to go. Taking a mag to a party, so we’ll see how that goes. Probably should’ve gone 3L.

Here we go…
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Inman OGV mini-vertical of '05, '08, '09 and '10 (my contribution)
Harlan The Maiden '09 (from our very generous guests)

Not sure if we’ll make it to our magnum of Andre Clouet Rose NV, which makes me a little sad

2009 Peay Chard
2007 Kutch McDougall Pinot
2009 WesMar RRV Pinot
2911 Barlow Zin

… for starters

2009 Pinson Les Clos
1993 Beaux Freres Beaux Freres Vineyard Pinot Noir
2010 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir
2010 Soter Mineral Springs Brut Rose Sparkler

Does 2911 turn out to be the vintage of the millennium? [cheers.gif]

1990 Veuve La Grand Dame
1998 R. Dumont et Fils Blanc de Noir
1999 Dom Perignon
NV Pierre Peters Brut
2006 Taupenot-Merme Charmes Chambertin

Other wines:
white burgundy of some kind
Huet of some kind
more Champagne of some kind(s)

Had the bereche last night, really distinctive and delicious, enjoy your bottle.