Schrader cellars initial release

I got an email today saying that should save the date as I made the list. First come first served of course. I was wondering if anybody knew what the offer is for a first timer? And what price point they were at last year?

Thanks.

No email here yet. What was the date?

Realistically you should expect a 2 pk although newbies got a sixer last year because of the big '12 vintage.
They will decide which wines you get.
Price will be $175 ++

Congrats–it’s great stuff.

I’m a newbie, how long have you been on the mailing list?

Thanks.

Maybe a year or two max.

January 20th was the date for purchase.

"We are honored by your enduring interest in our wines and are truly delighted to welcome you to the Schrader family. Your inaugural offer is just around the corner and will feature our benchmark Schrader Cabernets from the much-heralded 2013 vintage.

On Tuesday, January 20th at 9AM PST, the offer window will open for you to order these classic wines. The offer is made on a first-come, first-served basis while inventories are available, so please mark your calendar for this exciting day."

Thanks…

Weird, I bought last year and still haven’t gotten any notification…

This email is for new members only

I just made the list as well. Looking to Schrader veterans to let me know what I should expect from these wines. Are they big, Cali cabs, or are they a tad more restrained than that? I enjoy Rivers Marie cabs. How do they compare to that?

$175 a bottle would be the most I have spent on a bottle. Was saving this tier to Allemand and Jamet so am a bit conflicted. TIA.

Do you like Cali Cab?

It’s about as good as Cali Cab gets. Not super massive, but it’s a big wine in the big bold Cali Cab kind of way.

2012 was 4-packs for newbies.

It’s a function of production by vineyard.

For 2010 it was a 3-pack, 2011 was a 2-pack, 2012 was a 4-pack.

Re price, Scott is on the money. $175++ and you need to buy in packs, not by bottle. You’ll be offered a pre-determined box of wine.

I did 3 years on the January FCFS list. '09 was a 3-pack. '10 and '11 were 2-packs. Totally dependent on yields. All @ $175/ea. Made the big time for '12.

I’ve bought the past 2 years, and haven’t heard anything at all. Seems odd that the newbies would get notification prior to previous buyers… assuming I’m getting offered anything this year.

I am confyouzed. Is this the same wine I was offered in early December? I got one box of six and wish listed one and got it. I think it was 1 CCS, 2 LPV and 3 RBS in a six pack.

It should be the same, I think. Schrader seems to do multiple waves of ordering. I believe the December wave is for longer-term customers, who get guaranteed allocations, and January for those of us newer to the list, who are faced with the drama of first-come first-serve ordering.

I also got in on the FCFS list. Unsure if I’m going to go for it. Any interest in splitting? PM me.

Maybe us newbies are a better lot.

Has anyone received the packet in the mail? Does anyone know what is being offered to first-timers on the FCFS list? Also, do they allow for WL on your first offer?

Just curious.

Alex

I’m in the same boat. Need to see what I’m being offered-if we will know before the date/time. This is a big step up in wine pricing for me-assuming history holds true. Around $100 per bottle has been my limit. Plus seems like 2013 is a really good year-so should be able to buy value elsewhere. And probably need to cellar for a while to get the full value/taste. And not in my normal process (can’t think of a better word) to wait more than a few years to drink wine I buy,

Decisions, decisions.