• Maybe, I have been a customer but have other reasons
  • Maybe, I have never been a customer
  • No way! And I have been a customer
  • No way! I never was a customer and never would be
  • No Way! I never was a customer and am now glad that I wasn’t
  • Who is Maison Ilan?
  • I only buy Big Tex wines!

0 voters

Here is a poll to see how others feel. Yes, I was a MI customer. Yes, I am not satisfied. But others may feel differently.Vote your conscience.

I’m amazed it took this long for new MI thread!

wonder how quick till it is locked.

Sure! Why not? What is he selling? Any big bodied cali cabs with huge discounts?

Gee Whiz Steve!! Isn’t this sort of a bootleg posting? Lets all take some time to see how, in the middle of January, things resolve, or not, and then take a poll.

BTW, just ordered some white truffles, and looking forward to washing them down with some Cali sparkling wine. Happy holidays to you all!!!

Well, I followed the insanity over here, but am concerned about the 2012s. Mainly cause of all the drama. I do know that there has been basically no activity on the Maison Ilan twitter, facebook, or blog sites since late october. All the crazy rumors have me concerned, but I wouldn’t have been concerned otherwise. At the end of the day, I only have a 1/2 case each of 2012s and 2013s, and while it would suck if I didn’t get them, its not the end of the world.

Based upon the last 2 years, MI sends out the presale offers at the end of december. If so, will I buy? Probably not until I get my 2012s, or a resolution to whats going on with other customers missing 2011s.

FWIW, I am still awaiting my 2011s (and 12s as well), and I ordered a lot!

Absolutely not. I have not been a buyer, but about six months ago I thought about trying to seek some out or get on the list. I wouldn’t pay him a dollar a bottle now if he begged me.

I’ll take the under on 20 posts…

Why? What in god’s name is the point? Aren’t there 100 pages of this, closed for the season? What possible reason was there to start this thread, other than boredom or just plain viciousness.

Withdrawal. First the Rudy thread goes dormant, then the MI thread gets locked (albeit temporarily). Berserkers worldwide in need of their drama fix are starting to get the shakes.

I want what I paid for! That is not viciousness. I want a response from my emails, calls, etc. that is not viciousness. I am not alone in this plight.

Given you asked “Would you … ,” why do three of your five sentences begin with the word “I”?

I don’t buy futures. An answer that would have been interesting in your poll IMHO.

Todd, I was enjoying the break. Close this until after Christmas.

Because someone accused me of viciousness after the fact. If people, like the new Stephane, with 8 posts, feel different,y, they can vote so. I, like everyone else, only have one vote.

I bought 09 and 10… had shipping issues with both. That and sharp price increases made further purchasing decisions easy.

If this poll offends your delicate sensibilities, you could always take the brave step of ignoring it.

Hello Steve,
While my last name’s close to another one, there’s no connection or whatever.
I’m no MI customer. I don’t buy futures because I don’t like buying something that does not exist yet or may not ever exist (a bit oversimplified). One way to avoid a MI experience I guess.
That’s not the only experience. There’s a sadly well known firm in France which used to specialize in futures (based on the principle that they would be able to find wines on the market at lower price, they were not hedging their futures with producers). As a result many customers never received their wines nor any compensantion (or ridiculous one). I’m pretty sure there are similar exemple of futures going awry in USA, no?

Best regards

Respectfully, doesn’t it make sense to just leave this topic alone until the New Year? Even if just out of simple respect for Todd? The other thread will come back when he unlocks it. How about everyone just focus on positive things for a week or two instead of flogging this well worn and unfortunate topic?