TN: 2012 Littorai Pinot Noir Cerise Vineyard

2012 Littorai Pinot Noir Cerise Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (12/19/2014)
An early and successful check in for this wine, where there was lots of fresh, red fruit and a surprising amount of complexity. Licorice, earth and spice tones all came through, especially as the wine opened up after about 90 minutes. There is a back end tannic element that needs some bottle age to smooth out, but I like it now, as it adds a bit of additional character to the wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

• 2012 Littorai Pinot Noir Cerise Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (2/14/2020)
    First Cerise ever, and it was worth the wait. Popped and poured - took ~10 minutes to open up in the glass, but when it did, an explosive bouquet of flowers. Straddling the line between fruit and savory, the wine is medium bodied with a nice medium-long finish. Everything is in the zone on this - spicy cherry with a fantastic aroma. This should continue to drink well, but why wait? (94 pts.)

Anderson Valley is where it’s at with Littorai IMO!

Good note and similar to my impressions of well made wines from Cerise. I am just now getting to my Knez 2009 Cerise soon. 2011 Witching Stick Cerise has been very good lately, but the Knez was still quite closed. Interesting to see the Littorai 2012 already drinking well.

I hope Ted is still able to work with this vineyard, but it did sell to KB a couple years back.
Its a must buy for me, love Littori and this vineyard is our view to the east behind the winery.

Now, aren’t you the guy that recently said (regarding Littorai) “I am going to put them away and forget I own them. Re-visit in 10 years or more”? [snort.gif] neener

Look at the posting date. It was six years ago, and my first ever chance to taste the Cerise.

You are correct sir! The snorts on me!

It’s why I hate dumpster diving for threads.

But, otherwise you get chastised for not using the search function [wink.gif].

[cheers.gif]

But it’s so much fun to watch the confusion that sows.