Horsepower 2012

Looks like they are moving up the release to January (Jan 14 - Feb 5 window)

Only three wines are being produced and quantities are very limited. Below are highlights from Dunnuck’s reviews:

2012 Horsepower Sur Echalas Vineyard Grenache (97-99 points)–"…full-bodied, beautifully concentrated, yet also graceful and light on its feet…this incredible effort flirts with perfection."

2012 The Tribe Vineyard Syrah (95-98 points)-- “…beautiful…full-bodied, exceedingly structured feel on the palate.”

2012 Sur Echalas Vineyard Syrah (97-100 points)–"…a stunning example of the quality coming from these rocky soils…fabulous concentration, beautiful purity and a blockbuster finish."

I just received an email massage letting me know that I’ve been moved from the waiting list on to the mailing list. Goodbye money!

[cheers.gif]

As did I. Was offered - Tribe Syrah

I was offered Tribe Syrah also. I find it interesting that the Tribe is $20.00 more per bottle than Bionic Frog.

Tribe here as well.

Can’t tell what I was offered but three wines were described in the email. I hope I get more Grenache.

Offered The Tribe!

Very pumped

I got the email yesterday saying they were changing the release schedule, probably to avoid the shipping delays that plagued the winter schedule. The email mentioned 3 wines, including a new Syrah, but no mention of which I’ll be allocated. Not sure if I’ll have the option to select or if I’ll get the Tribe - which was the varietal I was allocated during the inaugural release.

I too received an e-mail for a 3-pack of the 2012 Tribe Syrah. Does anyone know if this it the release for this wine, or if it is a second-round type offering?

Cody, this is first round for the '12’s. I got the email that has Jeb’s notes on the three wines too. Allocation not specified but I also recieved the Tribe Syrah in the inaugural release.

I was hoping these would see a bit more rest before I could make a ‘try before buy’ decision, but it looks like one of these will have to be taken down in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks for the info Jody. I’ve never even seen a bottle before so it’s definitely a “try before buy” situation. If you crack the 2011, maybe throw a post on this thread so I can see what you think!

They said that for previous buyers: What you buy will be your future allocation.
Not sure if that also means we get everything, but I hope I’ll get the Grenache again as that is what I got the first time and very likely the only thing I’ll be interested in buying.

Scott W. We have to get that tasting together very quickly if we are to try before buying again!

Why are some people getting emails for a 3 pack of 2012 Tribe yet others like myself are being told Jan 15 ?

Are the ones getting Tribe now new list people who never got 2011 at all or are they senior people getting first digs at 2012 ?

Could be wrong, but my interpretation of the email is that if you received an allocation of either 2011 wine then you will be able to choose what you want in 2012, though it will be first come first serve.

Geez, between this, Berserker Day, Kutch and Rivers Marie my credit card is going to be sizzling in January… and the wife is going to be less than thrilled.

Does anything in your email actually indicate that it is first come first serve? Mine doesn’t indicate this, but it doesn’t exactly say allocations are reserved either. It just says that they may not be able to offer all customers all the wines, due to limited production.

My email pretty much states : “your allocation, should you choose to accept it will be one 3 pack”

Sounds like an allocation, not first come first served.

I don’t even remember signing up for this. I guess this is a heavy Berserker “BUY”? I’m ok with that if it is.

Allocations will be guaranteed until the deadline date as they always have been for Cayuse, No Girls and the previous release of Horsepower.

Tom

Jason,
Unlike the '11 release my email stated nothing about a particular allocation, which is why I said that. I guess by FCFS what I really meant was that maybe (hopefully??) we’ll have the option to buy a 3 pack of each, but quantities will certainly be limited for each buyer.

The e-mail to previous buyers states that your future allocation will be set based on what you purchase this time, so it is possible that this group will get a shot at purchasing one or more 3-packs of each wine. It appears that the new additions to the active list got allocated one three pack up front.

Trevor told me yesterday previous buyers will have access to more than one 3-pack this time around.