TN: NV Myx "Moscato"

So, one of my girlfriend’s old friends was in town this week. Naturally, we had to take her to our favorite hole-in-the-wall Karaoke Bar.
:wink:

Knowing me, once I had seen that this had been purchased, I had to try it. I was expecting this to be a crappy/goopy mess of a wine, but what I got, quite honestly, was so bizarre, it really doesn’t deserve to bear the word “Moscato” on its label, for that might mislead someone into believing this is actually a wine. The palate is a sugary confection of artificial grape flavoring (think Gatorade), sweat/feet, and (somehow) a rather pronounced and volatile kick from the alcohol. As I sat there taking a swig out of the split (I know, I ooze class) I couldn’t quite comprehend how a wine of sorts could taste like a grape Gatorade/Sprite/alcohol mix. As puzzled as I was, as soon as I turned the bottle around, I was greeted with the shocking truth. This was the first time I’ve ever seen a laundry list of non-wine items and nutritional information listed (probably by federal mandate) on the back label.
:astonished:

As far as scoring goes, giving this a score would be an injustice to actual wine, because, in reality it is anything but. It wasn’t revoltingly bad, but that didn’t negate the fact that this is an utter perversion of wine.
:neutral_face:
image.jpg
image.jpg

You should do a blind tasting with this and other celeb moscato. I’m pretty sure Nikki Minaj has one, Wu-Tang’s is due out for Christmas.

Try the coconut.

Isn’t this (Myx) the Nikki Minaj one?

It is.

It might be, I couldn’t bring myself to actually look it up.