Rome and Wine

Well, of course- but I’d take any recommendations on restaurants to try with local wines, or wines I must try while @ Rome.

(PS- Already did a search on winetalk and copied/saved few recommendations posted, thank you! champagne.gif )

Try Damiano Ciolli’s Cesanese.

We liked Mater Matuta. Great wine selection and the food was wonderful.

Drink like a true Roman, whatever the house is serving. I did and it was awesome.

I assume this is Rome in Italy and not the one in New York state.

Anyway, this is a good wine bar near P Navona - Enoteca Cul de Sac:

http://www.enotecaculdesacroma.it/en/

When are you going to be in Rome?

I second Cul De Sac.

I have some good reccos I will add later when I can access them.
Cheers!

Enjoyed 3 fantastic dinners while in Rome in October.

Ad Hoc - great food (they have a truffle tasting room down the street where we invited for a complementary truffle and proseco tasting) and a very extensive wine list. Menu also featured 3 different tasting options as well as a la carte. Somm was very good.

Antico Arco - again excellent food and a fun vibe. Good wine list, but not as comprehensive as Ad Hoc’s.

Crispi 19 - food was very good, atmosphere was very good and wine list was good (ordered a Gaja that was delicious).

Second Cul de Sac. Great ambiance, wine and food. For a wine geek.

Pizzeria L’Archetto-Via Germanico 105, 00153 Rome, Italy-awesome. Czech beer rules
Origano Via Sant’Andrea delle Fratte, 25-26, 00187 Roma Rome, Italy-great Rosso di Montepulciano for cheap
Da Francesco, Piazza del Fico 29-fantastic. Make reservations.
medanielle.jpg

Loved this place!!! Went twice in 3 days…

http://www.salumeriaroscioli.com/restaurant/

If you are near Castel Sant’ Angelo there is a very good wine shop with an attached wine bar right across from Piazza Cavour on or near the corner of Piazza Cavour and Via Triboniano called Enoteca Costantini.

I wish that I remembered the name, but there is a great wine bar around the corner from the St. Regis. Lots of good Barolo and Chablis at great prices.

Like Chris, I also went to Salumeria Roscioli twice, only I did my visits in two days [cheers.gif] .

The burrata with semi-dried Pacchino tomatoes and balsamico is one of those combos that remains ingrained in my “food memory”.

+1 on Costantini. You really have to go downstairs to fully appreciate. Also, the bubbles BTG are usually really nice.

5-10 min walk from there is the best pasta I had in Italy, Da Gianni on via Avezzana.

Looks great, never been to Rome, might fix that next summer…

But interesting they serve so much Spanish ham!

Roscioli is all that and then some. The best Spanish ham>the best Italian ham. Roscioli serves both.

Roscioli. Awesomioli.
IMG_20140414_062655.jpg

Second that. Also Enoteca Al Parlamento and Il Goccetto