Request to recognize wine as the world cultural heritage!

Friends,

Please, join us in making Wine, as a product of viniculture and the moderate wine drinking traditions, a part of the of the world cultural heritage!

I support a proposal to recognize Wine and the related wine traditions as an object of the world cultural heritage as I am assured that Wine is a masterpiece of the human creative genius and a universal human value.

I request to recognize wine as the world cultural heritage of the human civilization with a view to create favorable conditions for developing viniculture and to foster the wine drinking culture as a means for strengthening interpersonal communication and social stability and preventing drug addiction and alcoholism.

How has no one commented on this yet?! This is one of the best introductory posts I’ve seen on WB. I don’t know what the hell a “world cultural heritage” is, but it sounds pretty bad-ass. Is the settlement going to be built in Utah or Guyana?

[snort.gif]

And, all vineyards would become world heritage sites!

Don’t just request to recognize it, Oleg. Proclaim it! [worship.gif]

“The status of any cultural phenomenon changes subject to the philosophical, ideological, axiological and administrative and legislative conceptions that may vary from complete negation of its significance in history to its idealization”

Been doing that since 1982. What else you got?
Meerkats need saving now too? OK! That I can get behind, just lemme let go of this tree…
download (1).jpg

There is a movement in Burgundy (incl. Aubert de Villaine) to do this for the Cote d´Or … justified !
I doubt that it will work for “all” wines from everywhere … and seriously there are also many wines that are not worth it.

And then let’s do beer…