2013 Schrader Offer

Just received a “save the date” e-mail for a December 2nd offer. Does this mean I might receive a full offer this time? Have only received partial offers before and they always came in January.

What’s a “full” offer, and what’s a “partial” offer?

I believe so. Same just happened to me. Been buying for the last four years so would be nice if I made it to the first wave

I think when people say “full” as opposed to “partial”, they mean that they have been on the last wave the past few years where you only get a set “pack” of 2-4 bottles. I think they are referring to “full” as the allocations that are offered to those in the earlier waves, although I don’t really know what those allocations are like. I’m hoping that’s the case for me as well, since I’ve been in the last wave in the past.

any chance there will be quantities like last year? fred really opened the flood gates, and i’d love to see him do it again?
thinking 13 wasn’t quite as big a crop as 12, but not sure

Excited to get the offer but coming just before Christmas sure is bad timing. Now I will have to explain to my kids that we couldn’t afford to buy them any presents because daddy spent thousands on 2013 Schrader and the bank wouldn’t give us a loan for tricycles and stuffed animals. Oh well, kids are resilient:)

My understanding is that the grapes from 2013 were of high quality but the yields were somewhat lower than 2012. 2012 was a monster year.

well in a way that’s good i suppose, for our wallets

When I finally just read through the e-mail, it certainly sounds like I’ve been bumped up, as they I will be receiving a “reserved offer”. For those that have been in the early waves in the past, any idea of what a typical offer is? The best part appears to be that it isn’t first come, first served and I don’t have to rush to the computer as soon as the offer goes live (even though I probably will anyway, out of habit).

I’ve been buying since at least 2004 vintage and typically it’s a 6 pack plus Sparky. 2012 went to 2 packs and 2 magnums with wish list option for that much more again. Not sure what to expect from 2013 but I was very thankful to get additional bottles last year. It’s always tough when you only have one bottle of each wine figuring out when to open it so hope the trend of larger allocations continues! Great wines and great people, always the easiest purchase of the year.

The “reserved” offer is still a bundle (just a better bundle) [wink.gif]
Dec 2 is my birthday so I will treat myself accordingly

Spot on Cody. First class operation from top to bottom. [cheers.gif]

If by better bundle, you mean additional bottles, I’m in. If I get offered more than my normal allocation, I may even be willing to share.

Allocations were very generous for the '12. Not only was it a bountiful year, but I noticed there was no Schrader Zachy’s auction this year either. It will be interesting to see what allocations look like for '13, and wether they’ll hold any back for a spring auction. I’ll take all that is offered because you really can’t have too much of this lying around, but last year, ouch on the cash outlay!

Got offered the same Dandy 6-Pack as I did last year.

thought the offer is tomorrow?

Snail mail packet, 1 CSS, 2 RBS, 2 LPV and 1 T-6…I think… Packets says ordering will go live on 12/02, which is tomorrow, also that it is reserved. Hopefully that means I don’t have to make a mad dash to order. Says reserved until 5PM PST on the 12th (not 100% sure, packet is at home).

• J

got it. thanks for the clarification [cheers.gif]

Curious - does anyone know when these wines bottle and when they are shipped? I’m not currently on the list and therefore don’t have that info. Also, what is the pricing on the different offerings?

Cheers!

Begin Shipping 2013 Schrader Cabs November 2 ,2015