TN: 2013 Becklyn Cellars Sauvignon Blanc McGah Vineyard

Not to be outdone by Pobega, this is a competition isn’t it?, I thought I’d post a note on the Becklyn Sauvignon Blanc I popped last night but spent more time with tonight. It’s no secret that I’m a Mike Smith fanboy but with wines like these it’s a no-brainer.

• 2013 Becklyn Cellars Sauvignon Blanc McGah Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford (11/9/2014)
    Crisp and clean showing green apple, lemon and grapefruit pith on the nose. Mouth is rich and oily in texture then the lemon green apple kick in with a brief sugar cane sweetness. That’s followed with a bitter citrus streak and acid that builds and lingers throughout the long finish. I liked it best with a chill. When it got to room temp it gave the impression of heat but @ 13.5 it’s not overly alcoholic. Just shows best just below cellar temp. The oak added a complexity that made it pair well with Blackened Chicken Ceasar Salad. Very enjoyable.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note there Mister.
:relaxed:

I especially appreciate the temperature note.

Looking forward to it!

I believe mine ships out today…

Looking forward to this a lot.

Damn! Now I’m really regretting some allocation choices this year… Thanks for the TN.

Matt and Amber threw up 6 held back cases of this for sale today. First come first served.

Sold out pretty quick. I still have my two from the allocation but will likely pop one on Christmas eve with my friends family. An all seafood evening.

Yeah, those went fast. Good for them.

There are three of those with our name on it… [wow.gif]

Opened the first one this weekend. I agree with all the notes above, and will add that it worked great with the lamb and veggies. The plan was to have it over two nights, but it ended up holding for 3 hours or so. Very good work, glad there is two more to enjoy!

I am not big on sauvignon Blanc in general but I do wish I had ordered some. The cab is phenomal though.

Mike does a nice job wih sauvignon blanc, which I usually don’t love. I’m looking forward to the Quivet SB release later this month.

If anyone has any Becklyn SB left let me know. I need to buy some back…happy problem I guess

Matt, you have a few extras headed your way when I get back home Tuesday! Lol. Will 2 day them as well. I just noticed your email btw.

We had it at the beginning of the year…

2013 Becklyn Cellars Sauvignon Blanc McGah Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford (1/3/2015)
Opened it in plan to drink it over two nights, and we ended up finishing it in one night (because it was so good). Nice citrus and floral on the nose). Well balanced. More on the dry side (though I wish it would have been slightly dryer). I would recommend to keep it chilled on the decanter (it does seem to fade a bit as the temp. increases.) I agree with the lychee notes posted before. In addition, I would note that it will goes great with veggies and light meats. Really good.

Steal QPR. Glad I have one or two more to enjoy towards late winter/spring. I do think it can hold longer than 2015, but why wait? (93 pts.)

And for tonight, we opened another one against an older SB ('07).
DSC_3928.JPG
The plan is to have them over two nights and see how they develop. But, I must say that the Becklyn is so good, it’s very hard to hold back. But, I think I’d have to send the last bottle I have to storage if I ever want to taste it with few ‘years’ on it. flirtysmile

one of my very favorite napa SBs… they don’t get much better than this.