Ridge- A great customer service story.

We can always find time to complain, but I want to be sure to take time to let others know when a problem is corrected cheerfully.

Through a mix-up earlier this year, a case of Ridge arrived for me in Tennessee. Delivery was tried on a Friday when my office was closed and it sat over the weekend on a UPS truck. Temperature was 95 on Monday when it was delivered. I tried 2 or three bottles and I felt like it had been damaged. Called Ridge (wish I could remember the nice lady’s name that helped me), and I was told they would have UPS pick up the rest of the case, and ship again the first week of November as I originally requested. This week I received a new case of all the wine I originally ordered.

Thanks Ridge!
Stellar service and I didn’t want it to go unnoticed.

Probably Mary. Most everything about Ridge is world class.

Nice.

Just popped a 2012 Ridge Lytton Petite Syrah. I know Mikey will chastise me again for drinking Ridge way too young, I had to try this new release.

Great wine, great customer service = a relationship. Bought my first Ridge in 1992.

Shirley and I spent a half a day tasting several years of Ridge products in '93 or '94.
We went through a line of their delicious Zins. When leaving we passed a wire caged room which were their stored library wines. I asked if I could purchase some as I was heading back to Boston the next day. We picked out a case of assorted Monte Bello’s and Zins. They placed in my car and when I asked what I owed them they said hey would bill me. I couldn’t believe that they would do this as we were talking about $600 or so.
Unbelievable folks

Ridge is the K&L of wineries. [cheers.gif]

This thread delivers…One of the top wineries that has always gotten it and why I rejoined their list again.
Love the Vintage story on each bottle, all wineries should label this way…it should be law.

This. The only things I can’t find are the implied exceptions to this rule, and who “Mary” is… neener

And this service level goes back to the 1970’s for me. It’s clearly a core value.

Total class at Ridge.

Adding to the lovefest, I’m not at all surprised. Ridge is top notch in every way

Yeah, bought way too much ridge myself, and all those individual transactions (incl futures!)… nothing short of a perfect experience.

HolyCow, Jim…you don’t know Mary?? This is one MaryDevine. Amazing lady…she can do it all. She has more clout
at Ridge than even that Draper guy. Last March, I tried to stop into the Milpitas warehouse facility & finally meet her, in RealSpace rather than CyberSpace
Alas, there was a bunch of road/train construction in the area & I spent about an hour searching for the place &
couldn’t find it. I was crushed.
But everyone who is anyone knows Mary@Ridge, Jim.
Tom

This seemed like an appropriate place to tack on my kudos. I recently ordered half a case from Ridge and due to a computer system issue, they were unable to process my order in a timely matter. As a result, they upgraded my shipping to Priority which will allow it to arrive sooner than it would have otherwise. A ton of class from a winery that certainly doesn’t need to take such measures, yet they understand it is the little things that endear customers to become loyal customers.

Kudos to ‘the’ Mary and Murphy for taking good care of me!

Love it. Thanks for the positive post.

A few weeks ago Mary Devine assisted us is getting a case and a half of Ridge wine shipped out to meet us in Kona, HI. Sounds simple enough, but it was a surprisingly complex process. As always with Mary, it was handled flawlessly.

I just shared this thread with David Gates whom I sit on the board of the Rhone Rangers with. Needless to say, he was flattered and very pleased to read this :slight_smile:

Absolutely nothing wrong drinking any wine early. In fact, it is almost necessary to understand how it tastes young and in many cases it’s better than when aged.

The only challenge would drinking some of their wines early for me is that the oak presents is a little too upfront.

The premise of trust and integrity, that this is still practiced in the commerce space these days? Tremendous, and close to my heart too. I love this post.

I, too, had an above and beyond customer service experience with Ridge several years ago, where they took responsibility for some Lytton Springs not even purchased through them directly (wine shop) and then went way out of their way to replace it, since they don’t ship direct to my state (sent to a relatives when we’d be visiting). Plus, when we got it, shocked to see they’d sent me a whole case, when I’d only originally talked about about four bottles. I did inquire to make sure it wasn’t in error and was told to just enjoy the extra for my “trouble.” Can’t say enough good things.