The Suck Has His List Of Top 100 Wines For 2014 Out

And Zachy’s has them on sale. I guess just because he has them on his list it doesn’t necessarily mean they are bad, but sometimes you are judged by the company you keep.

http://wines.zachys.com/landing/JS-TOP-100-of-2014?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Top%20100%20Wines%20of%202014%20(1)&utm_content=&spMailingID=7245248&spUserID=NjA1OTQ4MjgyNzIS1&spJobID=543279805&spReportId=NTQzMjc5ODA1S0

Meh, nothing rated above 100

Or below.

True that the scores may be a little low, but the hair is fabulous.

And nothing under $50. I’m 60 points on this list.

I wonder what a mixed case of the top 12 would set you back?

Do you think he actually buys any of the wines he rates?

BTW - what was no. 1?
It isn’t on Zachy’s list

And the Zachys prices, $575 for Salon, most WS prices at $399

Aside from the fact that JS is considerably more generous with points than other reviewers, this list presents a limited slice of all the world’s wine regions.
JS comes off as more of a marketing tool than a critic.

P Hickner

Did he compile the list while living in Tuscany?

What’s up with 2011 Guiraud? Spectator also gave it a 97.

So … 10 years from now (assuming RP retires) … who will we hate on more: Suckling or the memory of RP?

Is this list omitting Burgundy, Germany and the Northern Rhone because he doesn’t taste or cover the wines or because he doesn’t consider any released in 2014 worthy of inclusion?

Wow there were a few wines from other critics that gave higher scores than James. I think I counted 2. AG however agreed on several with the same score as James.

That’s Zachy’s! flirtysmile

It’s because his scores create such demand they figured they’d cash in. Note that a lot of those are pre-arrivals, so I guess they’re expecting to fill a few containers with the orders.

I like how he tries to be the first out of the chute, thereby establishing himself as the force to reckon with. We’re still in October but this is the best of 2014. Wines tasted in November and December are not included or are there no such wines?

But I wonder if someone was intentionally being a wise-ass.

Ever since James Suckling launched his web site in late 2010 (www.jamessuckling.com) he has been rapidly gaining in recognition, respect and popularity amongst serious wine enthusiasts. Zachys embraced James and his efforts from Day 1 because he gets the importance of acting as the conduit between producer and consumer.

Directly after this paragraph, they have a paragraph titled “Who is James?”

Why, the guy rapidly gaining in recognition, respect, and popularity amongst serious wine enthusiasts! Or maybe not so rapidly if they have to explain who he is?