Parker Napa Review in October-Predictions ?

Guesses on any 2012 Cab 100 pointers ? flirtysmile [highfive.gif]

Name a FEW !!

Planning to load up?

He’s reportedly not in good health these days so why not grab the high-point wines while you can. Après Parker, le déluge. After all, everyone’s a critic these days.

I thought everything was a Parker 100 these days

Obvious: Shafer Hillside, 3 or 4 Schraders.

Maybe 2012 Myriad Crane Reserve.

Long shot: 2012 Materium.

in addition to Mike’s:
Hundred Acre
Abreu
Dana
Colgin
Scarecrow
Colesworthy

I lapsed last year - we’re any of the 12’s given barrel ranges?

I’ll bet Bevan Cellars will have at least one.

My prediction: I won’t buy any wine as a result of his reviews.

Nearly a 100% certainty this will come true

Screaming Eagle
Kapscandy Roberta’s and Grand Vin

I give this post 91pts.

Well, there are 39 wines with 100 in the range, including some whites and many 96-100 which is a large range. There were 10 in 2010 and 2012 is probably better… I would guess he gives at least ten and more likely around 15… Including Abreu, Schrader, SE, Harlan, Bond, Colgin…usual suspects (perhaps one or more with multiple 100s). Interesting by far though to see which of the lesser known and lesser priced wines hit the 98-100 range.

My guess is the RP mails it in and gives all the wines 100. There will be 100* but every single wine will get at least a 100. Yep.

+1

I agree, but since we’re talking Napa, I don’t think you’ll ever see ‘lesser priced wines’ again (depending on your definition). I suppose relative to the usual suspects who’ve now gone over $300, I suppose there could be a couple sleepers. Over the last 6 or 7 years though, I can only think of Scarecrow, Maybach and Kapcasandy that came out of nowhere and knocked it out of Parker’s park. Even those debuted >$100 though, didn’t they?

By lesser priced, I meant under $150-200 and lesser known wouldn’t be unknowns but among those that had ranges to 100pts are Larkmead, Harbison, Outpost and Hall for instance, which aren’t the “usual suspects” in my view and so it would be interesting to see them break into the 100pt club at half or less than the price of the “big names” (though admittedly I have never had any wines of those producers and don’t own them).

Bevan and Schrader would be my best guesses.

Ned you gotta stop chasing points…

If they forget to water back the Beringer PR Chard, it’ll prolly get 100 points. neener

nice!