2012 drouhin clos St denis

Noticed this was produced in 2012. Although I’ve never seen a clos St Denis from them before their website seems to indicate it has been produced regularly in recent years though never reviewed by Meadows. Website implies a negoce wine. Anyone know anything about it and how it compares to others eg Dujac, Jadot, arlaud, ponsot etc?

Wonderful wine, one of their best negociant bottlings. Rumor has it the grapes come from Jouan.

I had the '89 and '90 side-by-side earlier in the month. Both bottles were very good. Of the other producers you list, I’ve only drunk the '90 Dujac CSD–it was a much richer wine than the Drouhin, whatever that is worth with an N=1 for comparison.

It’s not the grapes but actually finished wine that come from Jouan. When I was tasting at Jouan they were saying that drouhin supplies their own barrels.

I love the Jouan bottling of this and once bought an 89 of the drouhin wine from Winebid. It was killer

I bought their 2005 based on some nice comments I’d read online saying it was one of the best, but I haven’t tried it yet. I also bought Laurent’s '05 version, just to do a contrast and compare.

I have 2 bottles of that but wasn’t considering opening one until age 20. Unless you open one and tell me it’s great now of course :slight_smile:

This is really interesting Berry! I assumed they bought the grapes when I learned Jouan was the source. The Sorbe comes from Jouan too. In my opinion, Jouan’s 2005’s are over extracted and he blew a relative easy vintage, which I find so odd because his '03’s and '04’s are excellent in both difficult vintages. We own a mix case of 2005 Jouan, so I am now on a mission to source the '05 Drouhin bottles of CSD and Sorbe to do a blind comparison.

Thanks for the tidbit!

I might have to… if I wait until 2025 I might need to take it IV!

Is Drouhin s Clos Sorbe also negociant ?

Yes. Also jouan’s supposedly.

Thanks Maureen