Thierry Allemand - crazy auction prices

That is it!!! I was going to keep a lid on this but this is getting crazy! In the past few months, a smattering of Thierry Allemand Reynard Cornas have been auctioned at K&L ranging from mid-90-'s to 2006’s. The hammer prices for these have been crazy! 3-bottles of 1998 Allemand are now $905 at K&L and the auction has not yet even ended!!

This makes me quite pessimistic as I have been collection Allemand for about 8 years now and the prices have gone up considerably, and from the looks of it, will continue to go up in the future… [cry.gif] [cry.gif] [cry.gif]

Hear you…Just paid $150 for 2000 Chaillots. Worth it to me because it is my son’s birth year but it is getting painful.

Anyone want my 2005 Reynard and Chaillot?

At release price? :wink:

Umm…no.

Good grief! I’ve bought about four dozen of the 2000 chaillots over the years from the wine society. Usd 50 / bt.

I shall savour my last half dozen!

https://www.klwines.com/Auction/Bidding/AuctionBidDetail.aspx?SKU=1168435

You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

wtf? we already knew n. rhone was hot, but these are legitimately shocking prices. predictable maybe, but also disappointing (as someone who loves these wines but doesn’t have many of them; i was hoping to be an annual buyer…).

Once I realized I was paying hooker prices for cult wines, it opened up a whole new world to me.

Ugh. I feel like I’m getting into everything too late. I just found out Allemand existed 6 months ago…

Selling all my Allemand and Truchot and buying Canada.

Maybe we had our first at the same time… an offline in SF earlier this year? It was a fantastic wine, but I made a conscious decision not to chase them.

Paying for hookers? [scratch.gif]

Isn’t it cheaper retail?

3 bottles of 1998 Chaillot hammered for $930 5 minutes ago.

FTW

Yes, that was when I first tasted it. I’ve tasted two more since at a tasting at Arlequin and they were impressive, but now out of my price range. If only I had found them when they were still <$100 (which apparently wasn’t that long ago…)

[oops.gif] Sorry for bringing that bottle and leading you down this path… [wink.gif] [wink.gif]

Word.