Epoch

and the usual list of retailers.

Don’t forget:
Arnot-Roberts
Continuum Novicium and magnums
Sojourn

Donelan, Colgin and Tor

…blowing up today

Thanks. Sojurn and Donelan just showed up for me as well. The funny thing is the day started with me buying some Yquem from a retailer (a pretty rare purchase for me), to there really isn’t any money left until I start rationalizing.

Arkensotone is only for their new Sauv Blanc, not the Estate
Kapcsandy for magnums

And Double Diamond that has already sold out also hit earlier this morning
Received an email reminder for Dana Onada for next week.

Like all of you, my inbox has been slammed… not to mention, I got a call from a winery a few moments ago… I hadn’t placed my order yet and they were calling to see if they could “assist” me.

Wondering if these wineries know that “'tis the season” and perhaps they might want to release at different times of the year? or is it just that this is the time… after everything is bottled, inventory is worked out so now is the time to send them emails?

Realistically, I can’t buy from everyone (even though I’m the one that signed up on their list, I know I know)… and everyone coming at one times makes it so I absolutely MUST take a battlefield triage approach.

In for Epoch, Switchback ,Becklyn & Kapcsandy Maggies !

I am just weathering the storm of emails as well and will analyze and make my decisions tonight or tomorrow once I have absorbed everything. That Sojourn lineup is just so strong though and Rhys is still coming up and there needs to be some money for that as well. I do need some Cabernet and Jean Edwards is sitting out there… Decisions Decisions.

luckily i can’t buy alot of them because of the great state of PA!

Also, Garric with a new GIII cab.

Gramercy Cellars is the only one out today potentially relevant to me.

What was the cost on the Schrader Double Diamonds?

The flood of release emails is due to one primary thing, the summer heat hold window is closing, so wineries can actually start shipping wine. Wine that was just bottled in the last month or two will likely not be released for a few more months, so it is more the fact that they can actually ship wine that is driving all the offers. That, and generate some revenue to pay for the upcoming harvest…

And they are all competing for customers money. If they wait too long most of the customers will have spent somewhere else.

Very true…

I just bought 6 bottles wishlisted from Dirty and Rowdy last week. While I am very much looking forward to trying this wine, if the email would have come later this week I would not have even given it a thought to purchase wishlist wine. I would’ve said “Nope! Torrin, Becklyn, Switchback Ridge and Anthill all get priority.”

Oh well, time to dig deep…

Gandona just hit the inbox for 2011…asking $225/btl whereas the 2010 was $190/btl.
Higher scores the the 2010 but hard to justify a $35/btl increase…have to think long about this one
I had it at the winery and it really was a beautiful wine.

Desperada as well today

Denner and Booker tomorrow

How the heck do you decide what to buy, so many toys so little money

I didn’t get offered any Kapcsandy mags. Anyone interested in sharing an allocation pls pm me with offer?

Thanks!

Got a save the date email from Rhys today.

Closed Monday at Midnight .