Arnot Roberts fall release

Per their site the fall release is this month (no date given), anybody have more detailed info?

I’ve never had their chard or pinot, and my current budget is going to limit my purchase, so I was hoping some of you might offer some comments on the qualities/attributes of each so I can make a more informed purchase. I’m definitely in for some syrah, trousseau, and probably the PMR pinot based on what I’ve read here previously.

North Coast syrah
North Coast trousseau
Watson Ranch chard
Trout Gulch chard
Legan pinot
Trout Gulch pinot
Peter Martin Ray pinot

Email just went out:

Harvest is in full swing and we’re excited about the 2014 vintage and our upcoming fall release.

As a mailing list member you will receive an email on Tuesday, September 9th with a link to your allocation for this offer.

We are exited to be releasing the first of our 2013 wines including our single vineyard Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs, and our North Coast Syrah and Trousseau. We will begin shipping wine on November 3rd and will host our annual fall pick up party on November 8th from 12-3pm.

Please let us know if you have any questions. An email with specifics about the vineyards and your allocation will be sent on September 9th at 8am PST.

Cheers,
Duncan & Nathan

Has anyone tasted these??

I’ll be in for Legan & PMR PN, + whatever Trousseau I’m allocated.

I’m new to the list. I just received an email stating the 2013 wines including the single vineyard Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs, and the North Coast Syrah and Trousseau. Curious what I’ll be allocated. Echoing Gary’s note above, has anyone tasted these?

Cheers,
Warren

Looking forward to buying and trying these for the first time.

^^^
Going as long as the wallet will allow but these for sure

So you both left one of the pinots on the table. Why?

my bad–asleep at the switch.
I’m gonna need a bigger wallet.

Ive tasted a chard and a syrah once. Looking forward to trying their pinots and the trousseau! Any advice from those more experienced with these wines as to if they are usually fine to drink soon or if they really need to lay down for a while?

I am drinking and cellaring, though these are new enough the cellaring is based more on faith and assessment of structure than anything else.

The Trousseau was drinking great on release. I wiped my collection out within 6 mos and enjoyed every drop

I love these wines and will probably buy some of everything.

A-R is interesting, though, in that the syrahs and pinots are very different. The syrahs are always right at the edge of ripeness (and on the wrong side for some folks). I’m drinking a 2012 Clary Ranch tonight, 11.5% alc. It’s nuts.

The pinots, though, are very delicious. Good structure, but lots of fruit. Crowd pleasers that also appeal to the geek crowd.

I’m not sure how the same folks make both, but I’m glad they do.

Michael

Trousseau, Chard, and Syrah are all easy buys for me. The pinots are out of my price range.

Some of my favorite Californian wines. Prices are creeping up and shipping has always been very high.

Own but have never tried the Pinots. Prices give me pause but I’ll probably take a couple of PMR.

Just opened the 2011 Watson and Santa Cruz Chardonnays in the last week. Both very much acid driven wines. The Santa Vruz us very tense and acidic. Slightly grassy with white peach and loads of lime juice it almost reminded me of young Hunter Semillon. The Watson is a little more conventional with richer fruit but still great acidity and more texture than the SC. On this showing I preferred the Watson for delivering more if what I want from a Chardonnay, but the SC certainly is interesting, would go well with oysters and possibly age longer.

Also opened a 2011 Trousseau. Delicious and versatile wine.

Had the 2012 Watson at Husk in Charleston, SC and it was as Clayton described. I’ll be a buyer

Thanks to all for the insight, although I don’t know that it’s going to make my decision any easier :neutral_face:

Michael, I’d love to see your thoughts on this one. I have a couple (along with the '12 Griffin’s) but doing my best to let them sit for awhile. Might need to open one for scientific purposes?

It was great. An absolutely stunning nose, with everything you’d expect: dark fruit, pepper, olive, leather…

I haven’t had an A-R with age, but they’re awfully good young. I have no regrets drinking one of mine, and I only have one left.

Michael

I love Clary Ranch, 2006 was my WOTY back when it was released. Still have a 06 bottle, can do vertical 2006/2008/2010/2011/2012 one day…

Withing the past 3 months, I drank:

2012 Arnot-Roberts Ribolla Gialla Vare Vineyard
2012 Arnot-Roberts Old Vine White Field Blend

I wasn’t particularly impressed.

Should these examples give me pause on future purchases?