Stella di Campalto Brunello di Montalcino 2004

Hello all,

I was hoping you might be able to help me out.

I’m interested to learn more about the wine in the subject. Unfortunately, I can’t find the Stella di Campalto 2004 anywhere in single bottles (for samples).

Does anyone here have personal experience of the wine/the azienda/the producer? Does anyone have a bottle they might like to open with me?!

Thanks in advance!

This is a great producer. I visited her about a year ago when I was making my way through Tuscany. She is biodynamic in the southern edge of town. Her wines are very pure, elegant, and pretty. After meeting with her I would be weary about he 04 though. Stella said she hired a “well known consultant” for that (her first) vintage. She felt the wine was overly modern and showed no character. She has made all of the wines since herself. It did get a big score if I remember correctly though. Her 06s and 07s are fantastic!

I am with Nathan.
The 2006 and 2007 are really good.
That are graet wines with almost an burgundian approach, Gianfranco Soldera is supposed to have helped her. I have no experience with 2004 though.

That’s really very helpful input, thank you! I was surprised to see such high scores for the 2004, given that it was her first vintage, and scores alone make it seem quite appealing, especially coupled with attractive prices. There is no substitute for first-hand knowledge, though… Thanks again!