Rhys Offering?

Anyone know when Rhys offering is? Hoping to get a chance this time around…

Around Sept 23

TTT

Would we waiting list folk have heard by now or would it be in conjunction with the offer?

(It’s the only waiting list I’ve ever signed up for and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has finally cleared the way for direct winery shipments … uh, I think!)

Yes, the date for our Fall offering is Sept 23. Currently it does not look like we will be able to offer to wait listers this Fall but I expect this to change for our Spring offering.

Kevin, I’ll be out of the country that week. I can’t remember the time given for guaranteed allocations. Will it be more than a week from the offering date?

Okay, never mind. I found a couple emails from past offerings, and it looks like more than two weeks to place order.

Kevin, will there be an Alesia offering this fall as well?

I’m not Kevin, but I do aspire to be like him. flirtysmile

From the website:

2012 Rhys San Mateo County Pinot Noir
2012 Rhys Bearwallow Vineyard Pinot Noir
2012 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir
2012 Rhys Home Vineyard Pinot Noir
2012 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Chardonnay
2011 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Syrah

Tom,
Yes there will. We haven’t finalized the plans but we right now we expect to release the 2011 Alesia Alder Springs Pinot and Syrah.

Russ,
We are now thinking we will release the '12 Family Farm instead of the Bearwallow. It is a little more open right now.

Kevin,
Any thoughts/plans for future releases of wines being released in 375/500 ml bottles?

Is there any policy about being kicked off the list if you skip a release or 2? I know you are probably thinking why would anyone do that because the wine is so good, just ordering a lot now

Brian, the wine is so good, why would you want to do that? I’m almost certain you can skip one release without losing your spot. But, I’m sure Kevin will address this before the day is over. He’s Johnny on the spot.

Kevin, will the Alesia chard that went on sale in early summer be shipped with the fall shipment?

Mark,
Yes it will.

Brian,
If someone skips two releases we do move them to a lower allocation tier. Fwiw, I wouldn’t recommend skipping the 2012s!

Alan,
In vintages where we have enough production, we plan on offering futures that allow customers to choose their favorite bottle sizes.

Hint Hint.

Looking forward to this allocation and very excited to receive the futures I ordered earlier this year.

Brian,
I would HIGHLY recommend you skip some wines from your other group of producers!!!
Just sayin’…

TTT

I have now had one each of the 375’s released as part of the sampler pack and I would totally agree that the Family Farm is spectacular right now. The Alpine has the feeling it will be a loooong ager, the Horseshoe was very good, and the Bearwallow was a distant 4th.