TN: 2007 Château de Montmirail Vacqueyras Cuvée des deux Frères

• 2007 Château de Montmirail Vacqueyras Cuvée des deux Frères - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Vacqueyras (9/15/2009)
    This is another terrific 2007 Southern Rhone wine. Red fruits, a little game/leather, pepper with a full bodied, richly fruited wine. Nice length. Downside, not sure this has the acidity to last 10 years but it has enough acidity to keep it fresh and keep it from being cloying…outstanding. 90-91/100 and sub $20 (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note. I am a big fan of 2007 southern rhones. They are delicious. They may not have the staying power, but damn! for less than $20 I have some fantastic wines to drink everyday waiting for 2005 anything to hit its stride. The 2007 cdr’s I’ve had so far are a great qpr.

Tony, I picked up a bottle of this last night at Beltramos for $19.99. I look forward to trying it out and comparing it to the other one I had recently.

Look forward to your thoughts.

my thoughts? well… I think it will be pretty good based on your note and other 07s… neener

• 2007 Château de Montmirail Vacqueyras Cuvée des deux Frères - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Vacqueyras (9/18/2009)
    Tony nailed this wine perfectly in his note. An abundance of red fruit is gushing all over the place with this wine, with a touch of white pepper thrown in the mix as well. Finish is a little bit firm but that does help to round everything out quite well. This is a very tasty wine for < $20. I think of the several $10-$20 07 Southern Rhone’s I’ve had to date (and there have been quite a few) I’ve only had perhaps one that I haven’t really cared for. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker