First on the block to get a Pungo!

my interest and persistence in Pungo (single bottle wine preservation system using argon gas) surprisingly landed me one of the first ones to trial. Got it yesterday. Very clean and sleek, almost simple in appearance, nice matte silver, very easy to use with a simple, clear instruction guide–I like it. It is well-designed, low pressure, and has a 5 year warranty. There is even an adaptor to allow screwcap use. I am quite excited.

No affiliation or relationship–despite the whining to Todd from someone about my prior post discussing Pungo.

Nice, please follow-up with a report after getting some usage out of it.

I wouldn’t mind being part of the trial. :slight_smile:

Photos or didn’t happen

sent to you to post–I am tech illiterate.

Is the low pressure the advantage?

Photos from the doc
image.jpg
image.jpg

I am no expert and no company/product spokesman, but I think the advantages include low pressure, less argon use and hence lower cost, standard argon capsules, ease and safety of use, long warranty, reliability due to simple design, and the fact that it is really cool.

Looks like that could be dual use

Hmmm…how many speeds does it have?

It looks like you could use it for rose, too newhere

Please video the first exploding bottle.

How hard is it…to clean?

easy. just run a little water through it like you would wine. Easy instructions on how included.

Has a retail price been established yet? It looks very sleek!

Thanks,
Ed

POTY.

so how’s it seal back up with the big needle?

I don’t think it does. I haven’t used it, obviously, but I thought the difference from the Coravin is that you leave it in, and thus you only have that bottle open (although they may sell caps or extra needles or something).

If I remember the demo videos and old posts, you either leave the pungo on the wine bottle/cork, or you put a stopper to seal the hole left by the pungo. This stopper looked like a golf tee IIRC.

look at the Fu pictures. One of the stoppers is pictured as well as the plug for a screw cap bottle. It plugs the Pungo hole if you want to tap another bottle.

How much and when will it be available to the general public?

I have a Coravin and like it OK but think its weak points are the delicate needle and the dribbly pour. And the proprietary argon cartridges. I’m not actually worried about exploding bottles but the Pungo design should have an advantage there.

Would love to hear how well it works with the stopper in for a few weeks.

What about the pour Alan? Is the flow pretty good or is it, like the Coravin, in need of your professional services?