Carlisle - 2012's, The Offer

I love these wines. Buy as many as I can, as often as I can.

The mix is great – Syrah, Zin, Mourvedre, whites – can’t beat it. Already looking forward to pick up day.

My first allocation after more than a 2 year wait. Super excited, but now I have to do my homework.

Is there an email I’m not aware of?

My email hit 20 minutes ago.

Oh no. Really? Today?

Order in…love these wines. And still a great QPR. Took them all as part of my buy heavy 2012-2013 stategy…then mellow out…

I am really saddened to say this, but I don’t think Carlisle fits my palate anymore. Maybe there is hope for the syrah, but I don’t know. I might just be ordering the Derivative. Sad day.

Order in. Ouch, this month is going to hurt.

Yes, someone please help educate me as well… Have always read about this and been on the list for a while, but have never had any. Big fan of Zin’s and am middle of the road with Syrah’s, but very excited to try these. I just don’t know where to start???

Interesting. I’m curious in what way you’ve moved (or the wine has moved)?

Want to pass but took a little.
In For 2 Carlisle Zin, 1 Pagani Zin and 1 James Berry Syrah

My first allocation after a 2 1/2 year wait. Order in! Thank you Mike!

JS, we’ll start a support group. I’ve decided not to purchase this time around. I have lots of Carlisle in the cellar, really like the wines, Mike is a great guy, blah, blah, blah.

But I’m practicing some self control and hopefully I don’t receive the mailing list death penalty.

I’m OK, you’re OK. grouphug

Just curious, how many bottles were the new list members allocated (total)?

Wow. I got an email.

Can’t pass on this one. Funny how a bottle of this, two of that add up in a darn hurry! Will put a Carlisle on deck for tonight to make room…

Where to start? - here’s a link to some notes about these wines Welcome Back My Friends: Dinner w/ Mike Officer & all of his 2012 Carlisles - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers.

I suggest starting with the Two Acres, Derivative, and several Zinfandels, probably Papera, Carlisle Vineyard, and Limerick Lane. As for Syrahs, the James Berry was great, but needs lots of time.

David

Twelve total wines in the offer; eight of which were an option with allocation to me; total allocation of 18 bottles; option to wishlist each of the twelve.

It was tough for me to pull back on this one, but managed to just order 2 each of the Carlisle & Bedrock Zins, plus a bottle of the JBV (and wishlisted another). I’m actually impressed with my restraint considering all the bottles I wanted to get.