Outpost offer is live

The 2012 Grenache, 2012 Zinfandel, and 2011 Petite Sirah are being offered. We didn’t get to taste the PS on our trip last month, but the zin and grenache are both superb.

I wish the offer came out in May or June - I’d make a bigger purchase. There are simply too many big releases in July to go long on them.

I’m a big fan of these wines especially the Cab’s. Just placed my order for some Grenache.

I don’t see any tasting notes for the wines on the web site. Am I just not seeing it?

We tasted a couple of the 2012s at the Taste of Howell Mountain event. For what it’s worth, here are my notes of the wines. I thought the 2012 Grenache was pretty impressive, but definitely in a very modern vein. Very expressive and rich, but it has some focus and is nicely delineated. Not sure how well it will age, but certainly good for near-term drinking.

• 2012 Outpost Zinfandel Howell Mountain - USA, California, Napa Valley, Howell Mountain (6/13/2014)
    90-91 Points. Tasted at “Taste of Howell Mountain” event. Aerated unknown period of time.

Rich wild berry notes followed by spice and cedar notes. Possible stem inclusion with chalky tannin and textural grip. Overall this has good richness and spice with solid underlying structure. (91 pts.)

• 2012 Outpost Grenache - USA, California, Napa Valley, Howell Mountain (6/14/2014)
    92+ Points. Tasted at “Taste of Howell Mountain” event. Aerated for unknown period of time.

Ripe strawberries, black raspberries and kirsch followed by white pepper, herbs and sweet spices. This is pretty monolithic on the palate with tremendous density. Seems like there’s some whole cluster inclusion here which would account for the herbaceous notes, grippy tannin and low acidity. This is a hugely scaled wine that’s pretty fat on the palate with some heat showing. Definitely modern in style, but expressive and delicious in its own way. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I was out there in mid-June. Bought more than I have in the past. Don’t have notes of what I tasted handy but I find their wines good across the board. I really, really like the Grenache and theirs is one of only a couple Petite Sirahs that I buy. Good stuff.

JD

no email for me.
Apparently I have been relegated for skipping the last few releases.

What’s the tariff on these wines? Have not purchased any from Outpost for quite some time, but always dug their PS.

Cheers!

Looks like $50 for the zin. And for me, I like a wine with a little more longevity at this price point.

edit
Rich called twice and emailed. Apparently my offer email bounced back so all is well. I like that Grenache and the Zins are ok too. I’ll pick up a few.