Cold Call from Adrian Fog

Last night I received an unsolicited call from Adrian Fog. The guy told me they were offering case discounts and free shipping on their 2012 releases. I was intrigued not so much by the offer per se, but from the fact that I was getting a cold call from a winery whose mailing list I have been on for ten years, but I’ve never bought a bottle of their wine. So I talked to the guy who called me explained that I’ve probably been on a hundred different lists over the last decade, but this is the first time I’ve ever received a phone call solicitation. He explained to me that Adrian Fog had scuttled their distributors, and were now 100% direct sales.

Very interesting. Not sure about the wines, though. Anyone had any recent experience with Adrian Fog? The Cellar Tracker reviews look promising. I’ve attached their “tasting notes” which are especially helpful.
Adrian Fog -Tasting Notes.pdf (231 KB)

Stewart Dorman of Adrian Fog is pretty much a one person winery and has been at it for at least 10 years. I tasted with him recently and will have notes out by the end of next month