It's The Weekend, 9/11/09, What Is Everyone Drinking?

No plans specifically, other than a syrah of some sorts with a Flannery rack of lamb tomorrow night.

Tonight’s the going-away dinner for a friend, so likely lots of Champagne, Piedmont, Burgundy and a smattering of other things.

Champagne, Rhones, Pinots at Bodega Bistro in SF tonight.

Tomorrow night = Chez Panisse. No idea what we are going to drink

Sunday night - Tracis mom makes chicken fried steak…no idea what to drink

Beer.

Not sure about tonight/tomorrow, but with the first Sunday of football (and my first day off in 2 weeks)-- beer!

Going to a Redneck Wine tasting in L.A. Mainly to poach ideas for our winebar. Should be fun.

http://www.cowineco.com/content342916.html

This is my ‘busy’ season and this has been a crazy week. I plan on going home tonight and popping a montelena cab just for me and waking up sometime tomorrow - or Sunday.

Bill-I had a bottle of the Cabot One Barrel with grilled lamb last weekend and it was a great match.

Greg

That’s a fun shop, Veronica. Small but well chosen selection, and, as you see, a refreshingly irreverent attitude. Make sure to grab a bite afterward at The Oinkster, just down the street.

Tomorrow: 2004 Copain Eaglepoint Ranch Syrah
Sunday for football: 2006 Terry Hoage The Hedge Syrah

I am in Rehoboth and will be drinking Dogfish Head at the brewery in about 45 minutes. Not sure what we’re going to do the rest of the weekend.

I pose this question to the gathered community: is there any Delaware product more revered and important to this great and thirsty nation than Dogfish Head? [drinks.gif]

Yeah, boooooy!

When are you heading over?

I think not.

Touring and tasting at a few choice dispensaries in and around SRH/Lompoc tomorrow.

Saturday dinner with friends is at a steakhouse. I’m trying to figure out whether to go with a 2002 Bocquenet Échézeaux or a '99 Léoville las Cases or I may just go with some Barolo or Barbaresco (haven’t decided which one). Knowing the others attending, some top-end Napa is on the horizon.

Sunday, I have no idea.

No, I mean tomorrow!

Phil,

You are treating Todd way too well. Don’t expect that shit from me in the future. You get nothing but a constant stream of Oregon Pinot Noir.

Tonight, Rack of lamb and some sort of Duck Juice.
Tomorrow, ribeye and some sort of cabernet-type wine.
Sunday, pulled pork and something Rhone-ish.

It’s okay, Wetrock will bring over some $16 wine for the dinner.

And if we do a constant stream of Oregon PN, I’ll post details here so Bob Wood can tell us how crappy it is.

Here’s the line up for our dinner at The Square tomorrow night…

Aperitif
Vilmart Coeur de Cuvee 1999

Chablis
Raveneau Chapelot 2000
Raveneau Montee de Tonnerre 1993

Cote Rotie
Rostaing Cote Blonde 1998
Rostaing Cote Blonde 1995
Rostaing Cote Blonde 1994

Hermitage
Chapoutier Ermitage Pavillon 1995
Chapoutier Ermitage Pavillon 1994