2011 Maison Ilan (and other Maison Ilan / Ray Walker discussion)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Peter Chiu

2011 Maison Ilan

#701 Post by Peter Chiu » October 6th, 2014, 5:07 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:
Paul H Galli wrote:
OK, OK.
I truly sorry you are such a loser....

TTT
You "am" sorry? You need a verb in there I think.

I am not the one that was laid off from brokering stocks, walked away from real estate (losing license in the process), got fired from my only stateside winemaking gig and lied to my customers after fleeing to France. Not to mention a little dabbling in BMW parts acquisition.

BIG hugs and kisses, Polly.

Bill......I do not know what to say blush - thanks. grouphug

scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#702 Post by scamhi » October 6th, 2014, 6:13 am

S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#703 Post by George Hejna » October 6th, 2014, 6:15 am

Freek S u i j v e r wrote:Great news!

I just got a mail from Ray with two tracking numbers for the parcels that he shipped me. That's the first time, in the six instances over the last 3 months where he told me that the wines had shipped, that this has happend. As you can imagine, I am quite excited.

It's just too bad, though, that neither of the two tracking numbers appears correct according to the 3 different tracking sites that I just tried......
If these numbers turn out to be incorrect and the wine really didn't ship that is about as low as it can get. It will be interesting to follow this particular transaction.

George

Ed Murray
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#704 Post by Ed Murray » October 6th, 2014, 6:32 am

Mike During wrote:And that is his problem, a poor communicator.

It may have been that in the beginning however at this point he shows a complete lack of respect and sometimes disdain for his customers. Using "good intentions" as an excuse may be acceptable the first, second or even third time, we're a bit beyond that I think. The sad thing is, well intentioned or otherwise, Ray brought this on himself. This board is full of thoughtful, generous folks, many of whom took a flyer on his wines for no other reason than to help Ray out. Most of those people have been extremely patient giving Ray the benefit of the doubt time and time again. Now I imagine some of them feel a but used.

...At the end of the day, people simply do not like being lied to, regardless of the reason.
It's not the event, it's the reaction to the event!

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#705 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 6:34 am

ello Robert
I apologize for the delays. I cannot understand your twitter nor your WB
comments however.
I've heard of everything that you have written on WB and so I have been
surprised to not have direct contact from you. I am only seeing these complaints
and accusations now. Your 11s short of the Chambolle and Gevrey are in the US
and ready to ship. The two one barrel wines are being bottled and shipped right
out via airplane. I still haven't received an updated number for you so I am at
a loss as to how I am supposed to call you. Looking at your twitter comments I
assumed that you had sent your number yesterday but I don't see a new number nor
an email from you.

Has Amedeo contacted you for your wines? I know that they have contacted many
of the direct clients but I am hoping that they have contacted you by now.

I really don't wish for their to be issues Robert the delays we have had
previously have been well learned from and I have found complete solutions to
the way that I communicate these details and the way that we send wine to our
clients. I trust that these new methods will be efficient.

Thank you again for your support

NickC

2011 Maison Ilan

#706 Post by NickC » October 6th, 2014, 6:35 am

George Hejna wrote:

I just got a mail from Ray with two tracking numbers for the parcels that he shipped me. That's the first time, in the six instances over the last 3 months where he told me that the wines had shipped, that this has happend. As you can imagine, I am quite excited.

It's just too bad, though, that neither of the two tracking numbers appears correct according to the 3 different tracking sites that I just tried......
If these numbers turn out to be incorrect and the wine really didn't ship that is about as low as it can get. It will be interesting to follow this particular transaction.

George
sometimes it takes a few days for UPS/FedEx tracking numbers to "go live" from the web-site tracking perspective.
ch ee k (like on your face)

NickC

2011 Maison Ilan

#707 Post by NickC » October 6th, 2014, 6:39 am

that's one way to put it. intentionally dishonest is another way.

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#708 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 6:41 am

I guess going to twitter or instagram and calling him out in front of his clueless adoring fans is the way to get to ray. Sorry I am back.. His e- mail again is full of falsehoods. the woman at Amedeo e-mailed him last week. he know my inventory and what I have as she contacted me..

Ray- you can call me at 916 xxx-xxxx - but let's not waste our time. This is number you have called me on before more than once. also , when I paid you for 09, 10, and 11 I believe I left contact numbers. Please , no excuses or dishonesty. . just refund my money to my cc that you charged on 5/25/12.

Also, The lady at Amedeo has sent you the documentation of my payment on my credit card and you must have records of my payment on 5/25. I have a note from her from last week saying she send you documentation of my payment and the wines I am owned, Or did you lose that? Please stop wasting my time or I will have to hound you on instagram as well - you have generated a lot of bad press, Just get me my money back and I will shut up. You have far more mean and angry people than me to deal with, but don't make me continue to pester you. I have better things to do, but I am a bright guy and I can make your business practices look bad, which you must know they are.. I have the class not to bring up your personal issues on twitter or instagram but the wine board you visit knows about your dirty history, at least the ones who can speak a full sentence. your business dealing are bad enough, and I will continue to hammer you on these..
My cc is 4.. exp 4/16 Just pay me my close to 1 K including the 3 percent transactions fees in US dollars and we are all good
or else I will point out more of your errors, one of which I have documented on e-mail regarding Amedeo.
Good luck as you need it.. If you read all my e-mails, you know I have some ethics and cannot drink a drop of your wines.. So, I want my money refunded within the next 48 hours.
Last edited by robert tang on October 6th, 2014, 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#709 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 6:42 am

Aside from false advertising a mag year for daniel to make yourself look good>> where is my 2013 Charmes offer?? Did you glean over that>> Perhaps, I should ask for that as I can sell it and donate it to a good cause. Say a community organization for d... ic vio .ce?? Now stop jerking me around?

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#710 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 6:47 am

That stands for dominating fantastic voice for those of you who cannot read between lines, but the way.. My family has tons of lawyers and judges Ray Ray so don't mess with me. I also grew up on the tough side of town like you But I made myself into a doctor. Believe me you don't want to mess with me. My dragon wife is worse

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#711 Post by Chris Blum » October 6th, 2014, 6:48 am

Hey Robert,

Remember this is a public, real names forum. Maybe don't post phone number or credit card info. You CAN edit your previous posts to XXX those tidbits out.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

2011 Maison Ilan

#712 Post by Jorge Henriquez » October 6th, 2014, 6:51 am

Robert,

Please understand I am saying this in a helpful manner: you are going about this in a very strange and, in my opinion, wrong way. Your posts are becoming more strange and making less sense. Relax and take a few hours away from this thread to gather your thoughts as to how best to obtain results.

Hope you agree.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#713 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 6:56 am

Jorge. Maybe you don't understand the situation and that is fine, I will ignore people like you I just want my money and don' t want any threats against my family or me?? DO you understand that? I just want Ray to get me my money. When he does, I am gone!!

NickC

2011 Maison Ilan

#714 Post by NickC » October 6th, 2014, 6:59 am

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#715 Post by Chris Blum » October 6th, 2014, 7:01 am

Robert,

I don't know if there is a language barrier, but Jorge is trying to help you.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Ken McNamara

2011 Maison Ilan

#716 Post by Ken McNamara » October 6th, 2014, 7:01 am

Robert,

You really are damaging yourself and many of your statements are very contradictory. $1k - WTF??? I expected a much larger number!

If you want your money then handle it through your Visa card - all Visa's starts with a 4... Seriously, go back and edit the too much information posts or could a moderator help Robert from himself?

Ken

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#717 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 7:04 am

Read all my posts. My cc statute of limitation is over 1.5 years. go to twitter and see how Ray is covering up my posts. This is about the principle. I bought these wines for friends..

Ken McNamara

2011 Maison Ilan

#718 Post by Ken McNamara » October 6th, 2014, 7:20 am

I am not going to read all the posts or go to Twitter, but it is in your best interest to settle down. As it stands from the way you are handling this I would NEVER go to you as a doctor. You seem to react without thinking. I get you have a LEGITIMATE beef, but posting messages to Ray here in the manner you are is not going to bring the desired resolution.

Bill Tex Landreth

2011 Maison Ilan

#719 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » October 6th, 2014, 7:22 am

Ken McNamara wrote:I am not going to read all the posts or go to Twitter, but it is in your best interest to settle down. As it stands from the way you are handling this I would NEVER go to you as a doctor. You seem to react without thinking. I get you have a LEGITIMATE beef, but posting messages to Ray here in the manner you are is not going to bring the desired resolution.
Nothing is...that is what people do not understand. Ray is laughing in France right now with everybody's money already spent on a new car and vacations.
It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

2011 Maison Ilan

#720 Post by Jorge Henriquez » October 6th, 2014, 7:33 am

robert tang wrote:Jorge. Maybe you don't understand the situation and that is fine, I will ignore people like you I just want my money and don' t want any threats against my family or me?? DO you understand that? I just want Ray to get me my money. When he does, I am gone!!
Dr. Tang,

With all due respect, I quite understand the situation. What I do not understand is your claims of "threats against you & your family" over what you state to be " close to 1K plus 3 percent transaction fees". You have 29 posts on Wine Berserkers; 26 of them on this thread. Your complaint started out calm & coherent. Subsequent posts have shown to be anything but with vitriol directed at other members who are actually on your "side" and addressing Ray as "Ray Ray". Case in point:
Robert Tang.jpg
Robert Tang.jpg (30.24 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
If you allege that the above is due to "3 hours of sleep in 36 hours", exhausting yes but not a Herculean feat by any means, then do yourself a favor and get some sleep. It might just be what you need in order to put things in perspective.
Cohort Numero Uno!

ybarselah

2011 Maison Ilan

#721 Post by ybarselah » October 6th, 2014, 7:36 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:Robert,

Please understand I am saying this in a helpful manner: you are going about this in a very strange and, in my opinion, wrong way. Your posts are becoming more strange and making less sense. Relax and take a few hours away from this thread to gather your thoughts as to how best to obtain results.

Hope you agree.
back off or he'll get his dragon wife to go after you.
Yaacov (ITB)

CWun
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#722 Post by CWun » October 6th, 2014, 7:39 am

Ray's excuse of not having a phone number for Robert is laughable. Ray called my number I gave from my original 2011 futures order. Ray obviously didn't try too hard.

Oh. And I now expect Ray will to move all future social media interactions to Ello and Yo. =D
C@r_y

Ken McNamara

2011 Maison Ilan

#723 Post by Ken McNamara » October 6th, 2014, 7:42 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:
Ken McNamara wrote:I am not going to read all the posts or go to Twitter, but it is in your best interest to settle down. As it stands from the way you are handling this I would NEVER go to you as a doctor. You seem to react without thinking. I get you have a LEGITIMATE beef, but posting messages to Ray here in the manner you are is not going to bring the desired resolution.
Nothing is...that is what people do not understand. Ray is laughing in France right now with everybody's money already spent on a new car and vacations.
He reimbursed Suzanne and it sounds like some of the wines are here. I would think, in the next few weeks it will be much more clear about actual losses...

This threads reminds me that I need to check on an outstanding order with Premier Cru placed in '10 [snort.gif]

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#724 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 7:45 am

Sorry. I think I am playing a game of poker. Someone e-mailed my private e-mail last night questioning my personal integrity and making veiled threats to shut up. I have a family to take care.

It was not Ray. However, I don't know who else is involved. I have a family and I just want whoever is involved here to back off. IMHO, some people involved here have standing history that doesn't appear squeaky clean. you can research my BOArd records, my list of references, and my standing in the community(medically)

Please do due diligence on the other people I am going after. It is upsetting to me to have to deal with this, but the principles involved mean something to me, not the money, but in this day of hmo medicine, I have to work a lot for not so much. . Plus I feel badly that my friends got snooked along with me and I am trying to get their money back as well. I am responsible for them.

I am sorry if I offended anyone here. Someone raising the stakes in a private e-mail is not cool. any hint to my family and small kids is not cool. It just makes me upset that any sick person would to that. but there are mentally ill people. Sorry. NO more -e - mails to me. I will be quiet.

robert tang

2011 Maison Ilan

#725 Post by robert tang » October 6th, 2014, 7:47 am

The last few e-mails were to the thug. I want them to know to back off

Ken McNamara

2011 Maison Ilan

#726 Post by Ken McNamara » October 6th, 2014, 7:51 am

robert tang wrote:there are mentally ill people. Sorry. NO more -e - mails to me. I will be quiet.
There are, so go edit out your phone number and realize this is a public forum...and get some sleep Dr. Tang!

Freek S u i j v e r

2011 Maison Ilan

#727 Post by Freek S u i j v e r » October 6th, 2014, 7:53 am

NickC wrote:
George Hejna wrote:

George
sometimes it takes a few days for UPS/FedEx tracking numbers to "go live" from the web-site tracking perspective.
That is what I am hoping too! I am still expecting the wines to arrive, and I honestly believe that Ray does not have any ill plans. He may be too busy, but I don't think that he is a bad person.

Bill Tex Landreth

2011 Maison Ilan

#728 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » October 6th, 2014, 7:56 am

robert tang wrote:Sorry. I think I am playing a game of poker. Someone e-mailed my private e-mail last night questioning my personal integrity and making veiled threats to shut up. I have a family to take care.

It was not Ray. However, I don't know who else is involved. I have a family and I just want whoever is involved here to back off. IMHO, some people involved here have standing history that doesn't appear squeaky clean. you can research my BOArd records, my list of references, and my standing in the community(medically)

Please do due diligence on the other people I am going after. It is upsetting to me to have to deal with this, but the principles involved mean something to me, not the money, but in this day of hmo medicine, I have to work a lot for not so much. . Plus I feel badly that my friends got snooked along with me and I am trying to get their money back as well. I am responsible for them.

I am sorry if I offended anyone here. Someone raising the stakes in a private e-mail is not cool. any hint to my family and small kids is not cool. It just makes me upset that any sick person would to that. but there are mentally ill people. Sorry. NO more -e - mails to me. I will be quiet.
Name some names.
It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

Corey N.

2011 Maison Ilan

#729 Post by Corey N. » October 6th, 2014, 8:48 am

Dr. Tang -- I can understand that you must have been quite disturbed to receive e-mailed threats. In my opinion, you come off as a man of integrity who is, understandably, frustrated by the situation. I hope that Ray is willing to refund your money and you can put this matter behind you. In the meantime, please don't let this matter consume you as you have a family and patients that are far more deserving of your time.

Wishing you well.

Corey

Edit: Thanks to whoever deleted Dr. Tang's phone number
Last edited by Corey N. on October 6th, 2014, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#730 Post by M.Kaplan » October 6th, 2014, 8:58 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote: ...
Name some names.
Better yet, post screenshots of the threatening emails and private messages.
---Mark

J Wei

2011 Maison Ilan

#731 Post by J Wei » October 6th, 2014, 9:08 am

M.Kaplan wrote:
Name some names.
There is no need to encourage this further. Robert is obviously upset at the situation which I could completely understand. It won't help his or anyone's situation if we continue to push for personal details. I don't know Robert, but he recently admits that he hasn't slept in a while, and has apologized, and will be quiet. Let's just take his word on that and hope things work out for him, his friends, and his family.

Btw, +1 on people asking for Moderators to delete his phone number.

Regards,
Juyuan
- Juyuan

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#732 Post by M.Kaplan » October 6th, 2014, 9:16 am

I disagree, Juyuan. If members of WB are sending threatening emails and private messages about the continuing MI saga, it would be interesting to know who.
---Mark

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

2011 Maison Ilan

#733 Post by Jorge Henriquez » October 6th, 2014, 9:16 am

robert tang wrote:Sorry. I think I am playing a game of poker. Someone e-mailed my private e-mail last night questioning my personal integrity and making veiled threats to shut up. I have a family to take care.

Wow. [pwn.gif]
Cohort Numero Uno!

Ken McNamara

2011 Maison Ilan

#734 Post by Ken McNamara » October 6th, 2014, 9:19 am

I would think any pm or email that passes through the wb portal can be read by a system admin...

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

2011 Maison Ilan

#735 Post by Jorge Henriquez » October 6th, 2014, 9:22 am

J Wei wrote:
M.Kaplan wrote:
Name some names.
There is no need to encourage this further. Robert is obviously upset at the situation which I could completely understand. It won't help his or anyone's situation if we continue to push for personal details. I don't know Robert, but he recently admits that he hasn't slept in a while, and has apologized, and will be quiet. Let's just take his word on that and hope things work out for him, his friends, and his family.

Regards,
Juyuan

Juyuan,

1) He admits he hadn't slept more than 3 hours in 36..........for a "doctor", not really a Guinness Book of World Records entry.

2) You do realize that ANYONE can edit or delete their own posts right? Dr. Tang is completely capable of retracting his unwise decision himself.
Cohort Numero Uno!

rfelthoven

2011 Maison Ilan

#736 Post by rfelthoven » October 6th, 2014, 9:23 am

This makes me wonder what my personal physician is doing right now??
Ron

J Wei

2011 Maison Ilan

#737 Post by J Wei » October 6th, 2014, 9:24 am

M.Kaplan wrote:I disagree, Juyuan. If members of WB are sending threatening emails and private messages about the continuing MI saga, it would be interesting to know who.
Mark. . . good point there. I agree with that. However, perhaps that information could be given to Admin or Moderators versus the general public in a post? Just trying to find ways to diffuse the situation is all . . .

Regards,
Juyuan
- Juyuan

Gobindjit S. Dhaliwal

2011 Maison Ilan

#738 Post by Gobindjit S. Dhaliwal » October 6th, 2014, 9:25 am

Well I'll just comment since my Instagram feed was posted above. I never bought these as futures, I've never bought anything as futures, I just hate waiting and assuming a risk. Customs here can be a pain in the ass, so I never drag out whatever I've ordered since laws have a way of changing with each government.

I understand the frustration of many people, I too would be pissed if those who bought retail got their wines before me if I preordered years ago. I don't know all the details but I do know sometimes importing stuff has its issues, unless your a big import company with a lot of connections.

I wont take sides but here's food for thought. I am ITB and I recently switched logistics company, and something that should've taken 30 days dragged out to 75+ days with half a pallet being destroyed in the end. Sometimes those small kinks can become obstacles, and the winemaker on my end was oblivious to what was going on since this was a local issue with logistics company.
ITB

J Wei

2011 Maison Ilan

#739 Post by J Wei » October 6th, 2014, 9:32 am

Regards,
Juyuan
Juyuan,

1) He admits he hadn't slept more than 3 hours in 36..........for a "doctor", not really a Guinness Book of World Records entry.

2) You do realize that ANYONE can edit or delete their own posts right? Dr. Tang is completely capable of retracting his unwise decision himself.
Jorge,

1) Completely agree. . . but I don't think it's fair to just completely disregard that. Some people need more sleep than others.

2) Yes, I do know that anyone can edit or delete their own posts; however, I do believe it's the Board's responsibility to try and do what is in the best interest of the entire forum. In this case, it's to delete the number. Robert has already stated he received some type of threat. . . leaving his personal phone number is probably not going to help de-escalate the situation. Anyways, looks like the number is deleted now.

Regards,
Juyuan
Last edited by J Wei on October 6th, 2014, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Juyuan

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

2011 Maison Ilan

#740 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 6th, 2014, 9:33 am

Ken McNamara wrote:I would think any pm or email that passes through the wb portal can be read by a system admin...
Not true - the term 'private messages' truly means 'private'. I have no access to any of them.

I did, however, PM Robert to ask who it was, as using the system to threaten another is certainly grounds for banning, and if Robert will tell me who, I'll not hesitate to do it.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Ken McNamara

2011 Maison Ilan

#741 Post by Ken McNamara » October 6th, 2014, 10:02 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Ken McNamara wrote:I would think any pm or email that passes through the wb portal can be read by a system admin...
Not true - the term 'private messages' truly means 'private'. I have no access to any of them.

I did, however, PM Robert to ask who it was, as using the system to threaten another is certainly grounds for banning, and if Robert will tell me who, I'll not hesitate to do it.
Thank you for reaching out to Robert and clarification.

Joel W

2011 Maison Ilan

#742 Post by Joel W » October 6th, 2014, 10:54 am

This thread is awesome.. or terrible.

it is better than any soap or episode of Total Divas.
J W.e.1.t.y
Calm Down...

Mike During

2011 Maison Ilan

#743 Post by Mike During » October 6th, 2014, 11:52 am

Neal.Mollen wrote:
I'm sorry, Mike, I don't think I can agree with that. A poor communicator is someone who has difficulty expressing facts clearly -- who is challenged by ambiguity.

The thought being expressed (or relayed) here is very straightforward and handled admirably. I had the wines, I took them to the post office, left them there, and they are now in the post office's possession and not mine. A simple, declarative statement.

Apparently, that was not true. If I have followed the thread accurately, he did not in that instance take the wines to the post office, he did not leave them there, and in subsequent communications, admitted that they were still in the "about to ship" state.

There are a number of things one could call someone who is responsible for messages like this, but "poor communicator" does not seem particularly accurate.
OK Neal, a wishful communicator, he wishes he did what he said he did.
"Mike has hit a new low-water mark... I will, however, send Todd a generic indignant PM on my way out, just for good measure." - Barista Bill

Sean Moore

2011 Maison Ilan

#744 Post by Sean Moore » October 6th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Bump.

Mark C
GCC Member
GCC Member

2011 Maison Ilan

#745 Post by Mark C » October 6th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Did someone say “Bump”?

Belly-Bump.gif
Belly-Bump.gif (1.37 MiB) Viewed 2240 times
[/size]
෴ ෴
(☉ ☉)
\_⏝_/

Mark Cћамρηeγ

Wine Berserkers, “delight of the incapable and insignificant"!

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.” — Jay Bylsma

“Mark; I’ll surrender the argument.” Gordon Fitz

aka Frabjous/CT

ky1em!ttskus

2011 Maison Ilan

#746 Post by ky1em!ttskus » October 6th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Mike During wrote:
Neal.Mollen wrote:
I'm sorry, Mike, I don't think I can agree with that. A poor communicator is someone who has difficulty expressing facts clearly -- who is challenged by ambiguity.

The thought being expressed (or relayed) here is very straightforward and handled admirably. I had the wines, I took them to the post office, left them there, and they are now in the post office's possession and not mine. A simple, declarative statement.

Apparently, that was not true. If I have followed the thread accurately, he did not in that instance take the wines to the post office, he did not leave them there, and in subsequent communications, admitted that they were still in the "about to ship" state.

There are a number of things one could call someone who is responsible for messages like this, but "poor communicator" does not seem particularly accurate.
You're doing great so far.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

2011 Maison Ilan

#747 Post by c fu » October 6th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Mike During wrote:
Neal.Mollen wrote:

I want to go into business with you. I'd never get in trouble!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Jorge B
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

2011 Maison Ilan

#748 Post by Jorge B » October 6th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Mike During wrote:
Neal.Mollen wrote:

At what point does a "wishful communicator" become a "liar"??

If I told you "Hi Mike, come to my house Friday, I'm having a wine dinner catered by the greatest chef in town, opening only DRC, and sending each guest home with a yellow lab puppy. All we ask is our guests bring a nice bottle of wine t share with the group."

You show up, and I serve cold SPAM, open a horizontal of Little Penguin, and send you home with a hamster, all while helping myself to a big pour of the nice wine you brought over, does it make me a liar, or "wishful communicator"?

I sure wanted to open DRC and give you a puppy, but I only had 50 bucks so I did what I could with what I had.
Jorge Bustamante

Little Wings
Chief Giving Officer

Mike During

2011 Maison Ilan

#749 Post by Mike During » October 6th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Jorge, still a wishful communicator but you wouldn't be seeing me back a second time.
"Mike has hit a new low-water mark... I will, however, send Todd a generic indignant PM on my way out, just for good measure." - Barista Bill

Mike During

2011 Maison Ilan

#750 Post by Mike During » October 6th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Jorge, BTW that has happened to me. I bring a wine along to match what was said to be served and then the said bottle could not be found and another, quite different wine is served, having no common thread to what I brought based on what I thought was going to be opened. Cheers Mike

Return to “Wine Talk”