Search found 14 matches

Return

by PeterH
December 6th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thumbs up button.

I don't like. Sorry.
I thought I'd like the opportunity to show appreciation for well thought out and informative posts.
Instead, it appears to be an unnecessary distraction. I hope I am proven wrong.
by Scott Brunson
December 31st, 2020, 8:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's end 2020 with some fun! Controversial opinions- Burgundy is overrated.

Jay Miller wrote: December 31st, 2020, 7:14 am
Mark Golodetz wrote: December 30th, 2020, 12:26 pm It’s like an argument I once witnessed on a kibbutz. 12 people, 43 opinions.
For Jews that qualifies as consensus.
[rofl.gif]
by mattcitrang
January 8th, 2021, 5:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shingles - Docs?

Not a Doc, just someone with experience - to be safe she needs to see a ophthalmologist ASAP if she hasn’t already.
by Kelly Walker
January 8th, 2021, 6:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to hear. My wife experienced several years ago, mostly on her back and sides of the torso. We have both received the latest Shingrix vaccine. My doctor says this latest vaccine is very effective.
by alan weinberg
January 8th, 2021, 6:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s a two shot vaccine worth taking even if you’ve had the older one shot vaccine. Hope your wife recovers. Not sure why docs are still prescribing acyclovir when Valtrex is available. I think the latter is better. Now that it’s generic, cost isn’t an issue. Longer duration of action so one takes i...
by Neal.Mollen
January 8th, 2021, 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Kelly, She was going to get the vax, but with lockdowns and all... Conflicting info reads that one can get it after the current bout has healed, others read after one year. Not a dr but have had shingles and the vax. I would get the vax now. Go first thing in the am and get out. I definitely wou...
by Mich@el Ch@ng
January 8th, 2021, 8:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You aren’t supposed to get the vaccine during active shingles. She can get it once the episode of shingles has resolved.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shingl ... index.html
by M Passo
January 8th, 2021, 4:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Except for vaccine there is no silver bullet for viruses, including shingles. Anti-virals given timely (all will work, though valtrex is more convenient) will reduce viral replication, and will turn down the volume of infection. They do not kill the virus. Ultimately your own immunity will win. The ...
by M Mager
January 8th, 2021, 6:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And for those who have not gotten shingrex vaccine (and over 50), do so! Excellent advice. I just received my second dose of the Shingrex vaccine at my annual physical exam last month. Glad to have that in place - especially since I had Chicken Pox (mild case) as a child. Everyone I know whose had ...
by dcornutt
January 14th, 2021, 5:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you listening to right now?

This lady can play the trumpet. I love this piece by Handel. So regal.
by Robert.A.Jr.
January 17th, 2021, 9:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beef 'n BAMA

Damn that’s perfect right there!

Well, except for the brussels sprouts. Those things are nasty, LOL.

Perfect temperature on the beef.
by Robert.A.Jr.
January 25th, 2021, 10:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Greatest Treat in the History of All Humankind.

Henry Kiichli wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:17 pm Indulging.

We baked chocolate chip cookies today. Chopped up dark chocolate bars, butter, salty. Now I am having two fingers of scotch with some of these bad boys.

Heaven
Damn, love Scotch with sweets like that. #winning.
by Kelly Walker
February 14th, 2021, 7:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2012 Biondi Santi BdM Riserva - Franco's Last

I had the privilege of meeting and spending time with Franco Biondi Santi several times over the years. A sweet and modest man with such a sense of humor. Here is a link to an article by a very good friend, Orazio Vagnozzi, about Franco's final vintage. https://www.we-wealth.com/it/news/pleasure-ass...