Search found 5 matches

Return

by Rick Joyer
December 15th, 2020, 8:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aged Eggnog

For the uninitiated, how does aging the egg-nog change it's flavor? I have to admit that I have never heard of aging nog before this year's threads on the topic, and I'm wondering what to expect. Also, with all of the dairy in the concoction, I'm surprised this is even a thing (obviously the high vo...
by Rick Joyer
December 15th, 2020, 10:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stone Knife Sharpener

Thread resurrection after sharpening most of my knives on a cold and rainy weekend. I still love my Apex Edge Pro system as it's so easy that even I can use it. Also, the eGullet link I posted above a few years back was a great read again....too bad I re-read it after sharpening the knives....now I'...
by Rick Joyer
February 8th, 2021, 1:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TN: 2001 Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Chardonnay

Simply put, this was divine. Layers of bracing yellow citrus notes all tamed by the round palate feel from bottle age. A hint of oxidative notes in the background (honey and light butterscotch) tells you that this wine is coming up on two-decades since the grapes were harvested, but the mix of acidi...
by Rick Joyer
February 11th, 2021, 12:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TN: Pliny the Younger

I was able to land a mixed case from the release at the end of January, which showed up yesterday. They say drink 'em fresh, so I figured why not Pobega one as soon as it chilled a bit more in the fridge? I once stood in line for quite some time for a 4oz pour of the Younger a few years back (along ...
by Rick Joyer
February 22nd, 2021, 1:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TN: Pliny the Younger

I hope everyone here takes the following comment in the spirit with which I offer it, which is in pure jest. That disclaimer aside, I have to chuckle at the irony of a bunch of wine-geeks who, by 99% of the World's standards, spend way too much money on wine sitting around commenting about the lunac...