Search found 21 matches

Return

by Greg Gardner
November 18th, 2020, 10:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Bedrock wine are you drinking tonight?

The 2016 Evangelho is good to go IMO. Had it several times this year. I had a 2016 Bedrock Vineyard a couple of months ago and it was rocking with about an hour of air.
by Todd F r e n c h
December 5th, 2020, 9:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: SOFTWARE UPDATE (DOWNTIME) DEC 5, 2020

Software upgrade has been completed

I’ll be going through the bugs as I find them
by Steve Gautier
December 5th, 2020, 4:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: SOFTWARE UPDATE (DOWNTIME) DEC 5, 2020

Very excited that links open in a new browser.
by Todd Hamina
December 5th, 2020, 8:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Teeny Tiny Wineries of... Oregon

Teeny tiny and actual production can ebb and flow. Over 3k cases and you need a full time person, so your margin takes a hit. I have long considered the 3,500 to 10,000 case production a death zone as you're production is too big to handle solo, but not big enough to make a decent profit as you have...
by Marcus Goodfellow
December 5th, 2020, 8:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have enjoyed following this thread and have tried to keep up with the Oregon wine scene, although purchases have generally been those with a track record with a few exceptions (morgen long for instance). But remarkable how rapidly it has expanded the last few years. So many places that are totally ...
by Andy Steinman
December 5th, 2020, 9:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Teeny tiny and actual production can ebb and flow. Over 3k cases and you need a full time person, so your margin takes a hit. I have long considered the 3,500 to 10,000 case production a death zone as you're production is too big to handle solo, but not big enough to make a decent profit as you hav...
by Corey N.
December 6th, 2020, 9:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OFFICIAL NFL Thread

bears cap situation probably isnt as bad as some other teams. but there is literally like 3ish players who will be around for the rebuild. maybe next week ill write up my list of teams closest to the super bowl. the back end will probably be atlanta and maybe philly now at this point. perhaps tompa...
by Neal.Mollen
December 6th, 2020, 1:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been thanked?

And, apparently, I myself have thanked?

When did this happen? Oh, and thanks for the responses
by Nola Palomar
December 6th, 2020, 4:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Michigan Pastor of Lighthouse Baptist Church, Holland, MI

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/12/04/holland-pastor-covid-19-coronavirus/3824551001/ During a Nov. 14 sermon, Bart Spencer, senior pastor of Lighthouse Baptist Church, encouraged his congregation to contract the virus to “get it over with.” I did not read about this until tonig...
by Jim Cowan
December 7th, 2020, 7:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finding "Balance" in New World Style Wines

Dustin, You preface your question with your desire to be a winemaker. If that is truly your intent, my suggestion is you make what the vineyard gives you. Trying to follow an example will just give you a pretender to that style and the dirt and fruit you are working with isn’t the same. Don’t start ...
by Victor Hong
December 7th, 2020, 8:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 78 years ago this morning

https://www.timesonline.com/story/news/ ... 849236001/

Pearl Harbor. Remember those who died for us, and honor the few still here.
by Craig G
December 7th, 2020, 6:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dryuary 2021

I plan to remain dry from roughly 1am until 5pm on Jan. 1.
by Jim Anderson
December 11th, 2020, 3:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 3 Virtual Tasting for Charity - Wines of Oregon - D@vid Bu3ker for Dakin Humane Society - DEC9-DEC16

I’ve drank plenty of Crowley Four Winds Vineyard Chardonnay, which is great. I could tell Four Winds Vineyard stories for hours. Seriously. The difference between school work and winemaking. 2014 Crowley Four Winds Chardonnay Honey, lanolin, citrus and super mild reduction....maybe a slight suggest...
by Alan Rath
December 18th, 2020, 8:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Education Sh1t Show during Covid-19

Are you truly this oblivious?? Wow. Teachers are not getting enough support to be safe. They have almost no say. Amazing. oblivious, no. I think they are mostly wimps not willing to act as essential personnel while our nation’s kids lose a year of education. What do you mean they have no say? Their...
by Glenn L e v i n e
December 26th, 2020, 6:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus in The Asylum

Getting Moderna Monday at 10:15.
by Marcus Goodfellow
January 26th, 2021, 10:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wineries please note - I am sick of styro shippers

I am hoping that all the producers that I purchased from today do not use styrofoam shippers. Thanking you all in advance. I hope that all the producers today do not use styrofoam. It’s not a necessary thing. Pulp works very, very well for us. And if there is an issue, I can replace wines. I can’t ...
by Glenn L e v i n e
February 5th, 2021, 3:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

Not just because I’ve met and like Rick but this beer is freakin’ fantastic. The north coast has no shortage of just glorious brews in myriad styles.

I’m getting more of this!

F93E3FEC-7174-4887-965E-033CCE1DE2E1.jpeg
by Marcus Goodfellow
February 7th, 2021, 12:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Birthday Tasting - White Burgundy vs Oregon

Very cool. That Chassagne sounds tasty! There was quite a bit of citrus through the line up to be honest. Wintergreen/mint in a couple of other wines as well. Weight, balance, and acid was remarkably similar throughout the line up. And determining region was a challenge(except for the 2008). I gene...
by Marcus Goodfellow
February 15th, 2021, 9:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young vine wines that are epic

Young vines produce very fruit forward wines. I believe you Marcus, but it'll be very hard for the average consumer to pick that out. In a blind tasting of young vs. old vine wine from the same (or very close) vineyard, similar clones, similar vine maintenance/harvesting, same vintage, same winemak...
by Vincent Fritzsche
February 16th, 2021, 5:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Breezing through Napa (and Sonoma Valley)

I drove down to Los Angeles from Oregon a few weeks ago, and on the way back I thought I'd take the time to see Napa - somewhere I hadn't been since 2000 when my wife and I moved to Portland from San Francisco. On the way I drove up 101, hoping to detour off the main road at King City to drive throu...
by Nola Palomar
February 27th, 2021, 7:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ever want to hear the history of Wine Berserkers? Greg Norton just published a blog article on it!

Congratulations Todd! And a nice mention of my fellow feminine Berserkers!!! As a former member of the other group referred to in the article, I always felt a bit intimidated and impertinent. Not here...the sense of community and rallying of each other whether you haven’t heard from someone - someon...