Search found 62 matches

Return

by RichWhittington
December 11th, 2020, 9:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

Having never experienced a BD before, I went back and reviewed the past several year's worth of offerings and auctions...WOW! I am excited!!!
by Karen Troisi
December 12th, 2020, 6:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmmm need to see what we can offer.
by Peter Kleban
December 18th, 2020, 7:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Berserkers Video Meets - Schedule/Info inside

Yes, I agree. Thanks, Rodrigo. Fun and helps keep us sane (or what passes for it on WB :-) ) To celebrate what would have been a 9th night of Hanukkah [wink.gif] , I drank 2 parts Rye with 1 part Vermouth. Thanks for the tip Peter Kleban. Hope to see everyone next time. dh Zay gesunt, Dan! Glad you...
by Peter Kleban
December 19th, 2020, 11:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Berserkers Video Meets - Schedule/Info inside

Hey Dan, I thanked you for the thanks!
by Brian Tuite
December 24th, 2020, 6:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE U-TURN: Week 4 Virtual Tasting - Get your RHINE On - Brian Tuite - Redwood Empire Food Bank DEC16 - DEC23

Great job everyone! 87 regular Zin notes x $10ea - $870 9 Scherrer notes x $20ea - $180.00 10 Rhine wine notes x $5ea - $45.00 _____________________ - $1,095 Rounded up - $1,100 Anonymous match - $500 Anonymous match - $1,100 Brig - Cline notes - $30 One more anonymous donation - no denomination rev...
by AndrewH
December 26th, 2020, 8:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When to drink gift bottle? Vieux Télégraphe 2018 Châteauneuf-du-Pape “La Crau”

I was gifted a 2010 in when I turned 60 in 2013. I'm in no rush to drink that. I had this very wine last night. Christmas so didn’t take detailed notes, but It certainly got better with some air. Opened at ~4 for dinner at about 5:15 and got better as dinner went on. A bit harsh and hot at first bu...
by Roy Piper
December 27th, 2020, 12:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Napa Cab Quality?

Now that most 2018s are sold, us winery owners/winemakers have shifted our focus to the 2019 vintage in barrel. Almost all of us have racked the 2019 wines at least once, they have 13 months in oak and we are getting an idea which lots are doing better and what our blends and wines will look like. I...
by Dan Kravitz
December 28th, 2020, 5:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hand Picked Selections Consumer Offer With 10% Discount

Dan Hammer wrote: December 27th, 2020, 8:59 am Dan. I signed up. Can you tell me the e mail address the offer came from? It may have landed in my Spam folder.
Hi Dan,

Thank you for signing up - the link will be sent out next week.
by Nola Palomar
December 30th, 2020, 7:40 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Berserkerfest 10.1 - 7th Annual Di Fara's offline - Fat Tuesday March 5, 2019 - post wines please

Dan Hammer wrote: December 30th, 2020, 6:58 am The 9th Annual DiFara's offline will be on Fat Tuesday (as usual) in 2022; unless things get better, and can be scheduled mid/late 2021.
Dan, I would love to plan to be there for the next one!!
by Robert Dentice
January 2nd, 2021, 4:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riesling... Point me in the right direction

In addition to DeeVine K&L has a great riesling selection. I took the liberty of selecting some German wines for you. https://www.klwines.com/Basket/Index 5 dry and 3 sweet Unfortunately no older bottles. Look for an older JB Becker, a producer that has lots of library wines, or search around a...
by Nola Palomar
January 5th, 2021, 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Mintz wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:54 am Thank you Nola and Nate for answering my questions! Now I see why there is talk about having a "strategy" on BD and doing some initial planning. [cheers.gif]
Absolutely, but be prepared for surprises too!! Don't venture too far away from your computer.... [berserker.gif]
by Mark Golodetz
January 8th, 2021, 5:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Howard Goldberg RIP

I heard yesterday that Howard had died after a cardiac arrest. He was a long time Op-Ed writer for the NYT, and wrote a weekly wine column for them. He was also a very nice man. My best memory of him was when we were walking back after a tasting, and I asked if there was any of his Op-Ed columns tha...
by Mark Y
January 8th, 2021, 6:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Date Wines

First date with my now wife. I suggested we order a bottle of the Baer Ursa off the list. Figured it’s crowd pleasing. She’s like no I just want a glass. They had it btg as well. Of course 5 glasses later. I’m like dude we coulda gotten the bottle and it’d way cheaper! Her: well I didn’t know if you...
by HoosJustinG
January 13th, 2021, 12:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Reserve World Mastercard - Earn up to 8x Points On BD12

Quick peek tells me point values are around 0.5c/ea to 0.75c/ea in most cases. Let’s call it 0.67c for the sake of easy math. So sign up bonus is 75-85k (worth roughly $500-550) + 2 Grassl Glasses. Maybe around $600 or so of value in the sign up bonus. Then BD 6x and normally 3x points on wine purch...
by mike pobega
January 13th, 2021, 5:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fingers crossed. Booked 15 days in Italy for September 2021

After my last trip fizzed due to covid, I have resumed a plan once again. 15 days in Rome as my 'base' and side trip up and down. The first one is two nights in Montalcino or Montepulciano. I have both booked with full ability to cancel either. I just need to decide how close I want to be to the rai...
by matthewgoldman
January 20th, 2021, 11:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was just approved. Matthew, you said > Apply TODAY to ensure you get your Grand Reserve card in time (don’t wait, cards may take 7-10 days to get to you!) for Berserker Day to receive. Banks have been known to e mail the new credit card number to a new account holder. Is this possible with this b...
by Mich@el Ch@ng
January 23rd, 2021, 12:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buying Premium Bourbon

https://m.klwines.com/p/i?i=630018&sear ... archRank=5

The last one I got there was 2019 but I’ve bought probably 2-3 cases from there over the years.
by larry schaffer
January 24th, 2021, 3:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just remember that method of shipment can be variable for many wineries - for instance, I ship GSO on the west coast and usually ship Fed Ex ground elsewhere - but am flexible to meet most folks' needs. If you are concerned and it's not clear - ask. ALL wineries should be able to interact with you ...
by Emily Richer
January 24th, 2021, 11:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hate to be a wet blanket here, perhaps it's just my exhaustion from the year of three catastrophes... but I have both knowledge and strong opinions about the abuse of small business that is represented by credit card processing fees, hence so many new disruptors in this industry (Affirm, etc.), ya...
by Nola Palomar
January 25th, 2021, 2:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10-year Participants! Our BerserkerDay MVPs

Would not miss Berserker Day!! It is great fun and like a feeding frenzy!!

But more than Berserker Day, I love Wine Berserkers. Everyone here has been my backbone several times. You cannot know how much I love the community of friends I have here!! flirtysmile flirtysmile flirtysmile
by Nola Palomar
January 25th, 2021, 8:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This frequent flyer loves upgraded status. [cheers.gif] Preview Day is the wine equivalent of early boarding. It’s all about strolling in early in front of everyone else to show how important you are. [snort.gif] Please frequent the online shops before you board your flight, you’ll be delighted you...
by Emily Richer
January 26th, 2021, 2:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think it elitist to use a points-reward credit card on BerserkerDay, a day we support small wineries (and other businesses/merchants), I just think it's a strange choice to promote a points-reward card as if it's the greatest thing on earth for everyone involved. Certainly, consumers value t...
by Brian Tuite
January 27th, 2021, 6:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remember when 1,000 users online at the same time was big news? We’re at 1860 now and we’re still 30 minutes away from the first offers.

Records are made to be broken. Hopefully the servers can handle it!
by Todd F r e n c h
January 27th, 2021, 7:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ALL OFFERS POSTED!!!

Changing this announcement to let you know that all offers are posted (but one that is coming, almost immediately, that I, myself, will post).

Remember there are TWO PAGES of offers, so look around at your leisure, but also save some money for the AUCTIONS! They are insane this year, truly.
by CliftonD
January 27th, 2021, 11:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Walter Scott Berserker Day Discovery 6-Packs

In for Chardonnay Exploration 6-Pack
by Diane Kessler
January 27th, 2021, 11:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scherrer - Back again with 20% off on Selected 3-Packs

Pinot and Cabs for me. I recently opened a 2010 Cab and a 2013 Big Brother Pinot and was reminded how much I love Scherrer wines...as if I needed a reminder. [cheers.gif] I have plenty of Old & Mature Vines Zin in the cellar.
by Kingston E
January 27th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grassl Glass

I've been lurking for about a year, might as do it right the first time, eh? champagne.gif
by scamhi
January 28th, 2021, 4:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ok, tally it up. What did you buy?

Flannery beef and that is it
by D Zurcher
January 29th, 2021, 5:40 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grassl Glass

After years of using Riedel stems and thinking how thin and light they were-we started using Grassl Cru's and 1855's soon after Chris released them. We were surprised how much lighter and thinner the Grassl's are, certainly not in a delicate or flimsy way-they are solid performers. I keep 2 Riedel's...
by Brent C l a y t o n
January 29th, 2021, 8:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WE NEED ANOTHER BERSERKERFEST!

PDH Midtown has a beautiful unheated open air shack for outdoor dining, perfect for the current 25 degree weather.

Who's in?
by ClarkstonMark
January 30th, 2021, 3:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BerserkerDay 12 - Offer feedback from the community

It would be cool to have sub-forums based on the type of offer: e.g. Wines from Oregon, Pinots from California, Food, etc. I found myself not opening some of the posts because I had no idea what type of wine the winery made. While I did buy from two wineries I had never heard about before, I still ...
by Jayson Cohen
January 30th, 2021, 8:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which Champagne are you drinking?

Here is my note on 2012 Vilmart Coeur de Cuvee from a couple days ago, which I drank over 3 days. Highly recommended.

by J a y H a c k
January 30th, 2021, 11:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For those of you who think this is just the babbling of a bunch of old guys, here is the original thread to the one at my house. https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13003&p=170348&hilit=berserkerfest+2.5#p170348 The menu was a full dinner every two hours for 8 hours ...
by Peter Panzica
January 30th, 2021, 1:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Excellent restaurant Ibiza Chappaqua NY

To answer your other questions, we like the Pub in Pleasantville, Tramonto on route 9a in Hawthorne, the cookery in Dobbs Ferry, and a hole in the wall Dominican place in Sleepy Hollow called Ambras. There is a good Chinese restaurant specializing in Dim Sum called Aberdeen in White Plains. Excelle...
by Patrick T a y l o r
January 31st, 2021, 1:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ** Offer Closing Sunday! **. Morgan Ranch Wagyu Berserker Day 12 Deal!

Dan Hammer wrote: January 31st, 2021, 8:27 am Can anyone tell me the difference between Flannery and Morgan Ranch, or does it matter? I know what Flannery tastes like. [wink.gif]
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176905
by Mich@el Ch@ng
January 31st, 2021, 1:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ** Offer Closing Sunday! **. Morgan Ranch Wagyu Berserker Day 12 Deal!

Dan Hammer wrote: January 31st, 2021, 8:27 am Can anyone tell me the difference between Flannery and Morgan Ranch, or does it matter? I know what Flannery tastes like. [wink.gif]
Much richer while still having beefy flavor.
by Brent C l a y t o n
February 1st, 2021, 9:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am in, whenever, where ever (ok, not harvest time). I've never attended a Berserkerfest, though I'm met many fellow Berserkers over the years. But Todd is absolutely, once we get past this, we need a big meet up and maybe more than one. [berserker.gif] It's kind of like dinner at the Count's Hous...
by alan weinberg
February 1st, 2021, 7:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wear a Proper Mask Properly

As an experienced surgeon, I am used to wearing masks for hours in surgery, both to protect myself and the patient. With COVID-19, the general population is now wearing masks and, without training or experience, many are wearing improper masks improperly. What is the mask supposed to do? It is suppo...
by Scott Brunson
February 2nd, 2021, 3:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Schrader offer?

Who owns the Schrader brand these days? Did they ever end up developing their own vineyards or just stick with buying contract fruit and outsourcing the winemaking to TRB? I believe Constellation Brands bought them last year or the year before. https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...
by Rodrigo B
February 5th, 2021, 11:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Berserkers 'Social' Video Meets - Schedule/Info inside

That was a fun one. Thanks y'all!
by Ryan A
February 7th, 2021, 9:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Memento Mori 2018 Dr Crane & Las Piedras Release Feb 9th

I just have to ask. The above wines are all $200 and higher. My higher end wines are Carter, Maybach, MCDONALD, Myriad, and Schrader. In the case of Carter, Myriad, and Schrader I own Dr Crane and Las Piedras. Since these are the premier vineyards, is there that much of a difference in taste that m...
by Steve Gautier
February 9th, 2021, 1:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Desire Lines 2021 Spring Release

Dan Hammer wrote: February 9th, 2021, 1:21 pm I was all excited to buy until I saw the shipping cost. $10.00 a bottle to ship 4 bottles to the east coast. $40.
If any of you are buying a case, the cost is $30.
$30 flat rate shipping is on orders of 6 or more
by P@squ@le A
February 10th, 2021, 7:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Di Costanzo 18’s drop Tuesday

I cajoled Erin into finding me a Di Costanzo with some age on it, and she secured a '14 Farella for me. I am very critical of Cabernet, let me assure you of that. I couldn’t believe how lively this wine was - amazing acidity, bright and energetic. Note I do NOT typically like ‘valley’ fruit, partic...
by D@ve D y r 0 f f
February 12th, 2021, 6:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cookie TN - Rev Jim from Taxi

A friend sent me this clip last night. I loved Taxi back in the day, but the TN aspects of this scene would have gone right over my head at the time ...

by Merrill Lindquist
February 12th, 2021, 8:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anybody get the vaccine yet? Take it!

It took 12 hours to hit. What a miserable night. Some chills, skin sensitivity, sore limbs. Feeling some better this morning.
by Eric Z.
February 12th, 2021, 1:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best redemption value is to spend whatever points you have left and get out. The company just admitted that their point is valued at 0.004 cent per. They offer 5 points per dollar spent (thereby 2% return) on their partners, 1.2% return on other wineries, wine clubs, restaurants, deliveries, and 0....
by Bruce Rudman
February 13th, 2021, 3:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no dog in this fight other than a quixotic belief the world can return to a more civil place someday. This is my hope in every arena. I cannot even imagine taking the time to calculate the comparisons and participate on the foregoing scale in these complaints about points on their luxury cre...
by Siun o'Connell
February 13th, 2021, 10:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wine Baller Extraordinaire

M. Audoze is a Berserker — his posts are always quite amazing.