Search found 18 matches

Return

by Dan Hammer
November 5th, 2020, 6:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shout out to your local wine shop gal/guy!

Dan Posner at Grapes the Wine Company in White Plains NY. I shopped at his original store in Rye. He was the guy that invited me to Wineberserkers back in the day.
by Dan Hammer
December 18th, 2020, 7:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Berserkers Video Meets - Schedule/Info inside

Peter Kleban wrote: December 12th, 2020, 11:36 am Yes, I agree. Thanks, Rodrigo. Fun and helps keep us sane (or what passes for it on WB :-) )
To celebrate what would have been a 9th night of Hanukkah [wink.gif] , I drank 2 parts Rye with 1 part Vermouth. Thanks for the tip Peter Kleban.
Hope to see everyone next time.

dh
by Dan Hammer
December 23rd, 2020, 7:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE U-TURN: Week 4 Virtual Tasting - Get your RHINE On - Brian Tuite - Redwood Empire Food Bank DEC16 - DEC23

I wasn't happy with the 2014 Bedrock Kirschenmann Vineyard. I drank this tonight with BBQ brisket from Joe's KC BBQ. Someone up thread said the wine wasn't anything special. I agree. The color wasn't the full grape color you'd expect. It was somewhat lighter than normal. This wine had a pleasant nos...
by Dan Hammer
December 23rd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Windfall wine purchase

So I believe I am getting a windfall payment before the end of the year. I am thinking of buying a single great bottle and would like to keep it to around $600. Any recs would be greatly appreciated. Save your $$ for January 27, 2021. You'll need it. They will be many opportunities for a treat your...
by Dan Hammer
December 29th, 2020, 8:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can Anyone Explain Barstool Sports?

To pizza lovers like myself, he's an entertaining person to listen to. A little rough around the edges, but that's ok. After he interviewed Trump this summer, I lost any respect I had for the guy. All of his videos, while entertaining to watch, eventually grow tiring.
by Dan Hammer
December 29th, 2020, 1:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can Anyone Explain Barstool Sports?

Neal.Mollen wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:32 am Good for Portny giving money away to small businesses though
He's not giving his money away. He's giving money that he raises from other people to restaurants in need.

Tax lawyer question.... if I send him money via a purchase, and he makes the donation, does he take the tax deduction??
by Dan Hammer
January 10th, 2021, 4:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horrible news about a Berserker - Frank Drew, RIP

Todd,

I just e mailed a note to his family. I linked this thread. I hope that all the comments above bring his family comfort. May his memory be for a blessing.

Dan
by Dan Hammer
January 20th, 2021, 11:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Dan Hammer
January 20th, 2021, 11:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Dan Hammer
January 24th, 2021, 8:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

Just my 2 cents to the winemakers... Make your offers easy and simple to understand. In past years, some offers have been verbose. KISS. Keep it simple. You should run your offer through the powers that be here to see if it's written wisely. To new participants, take a look at the offers from last y...
by Dan Hammer
January 25th, 2021, 8:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is Neal Mollen?

Not everyone misses the poster in question. Just sayin.
by Dan Hammer
January 27th, 2021, 8:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saunter and La Ciboulette Single Vineyard Wines - Up to 50% off

I was waiting for this offer. The '16 Eagle was already sold out. I purchased 2 of the 2015's. Really great notes on Cellartracker. Heather, if I'm wrong, I'd like 1 of the '15's and 1 of the '16's instead of what I just ordered.
by Dan Hammer
January 28th, 2021, 1:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Reserve World Mastercard - Earn up to 8x Points On BD12

My glasses arrived last night. That was some impressive packing. Going to take a spin around the block with my new glass with the '09 Sojourn Spring Mountain cab tonight, along with a 12 oz Flannery (from my last purchase).
by Dan Hammer
January 31st, 2021, 6:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TN: NV Pierre Péters Champagne Grand Cru Réserve Oubliée Blanc de Blancs

Grapes in White Plains has it at $115. I think I'll give it a try. You note above makes this tempting. I've tasted some of their other Champagnes and I enjoyed them. Thanks.
by Dan Hammer
February 2nd, 2021, 6:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Schrader offer?

Same for me, but for others reasons. I posted my 2014 allocation for sale a week or so before I was to receive the offer. They got pissed. They threw me off the list. That was just as the resale value of their wines crashed. You could get many of their wines at list price, or a few bucks above. The ...
by Dan Hammer
February 6th, 2021, 6:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Berserkers 'Social' Video Meets - Schedule/Info inside

I slept like a baby (thanks to all the drugs I took for some dental work Friday afternoon). Nice meeting all the new folks last night; and as always, nice seeing old friends. [cheers.gif]

See you next time.
by Dan Hammer
February 16th, 2021, 11:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Berserkerfest 10.1 - 7th Annual Di Fara's offline - Fat Tuesday March 5, 2019 - post wines please

Dan Hammer wrote: December 30th, 2020, 6:58 am The 9th Annual DiFara's offline will be on Fat Tuesday (as usual) in 2022; unless things get better, and can be scheduled mid/late 2021.
We would have been eating pizza and drinking good wine with friends tonight.

Save the date > March 1, 2022.
by Dan Hammer
February 16th, 2021, 7:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WE NEED ANOTHER BERSERKERFEST!

J a y H a c k - tonight, Fat Tuesday, would have been the 8th annual DiFara’s pizza offline.