Search found 21 matches

Return

by scottlmay
August 8th, 2014, 12:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An Amazing Wine I Strongly Recommend Buying

I bought 3 and if its as good as you say I'll buy a bunch more.
by Hal Blumberg
December 6th, 2020, 5:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wazzat Mean...."Been Thanked"??

I'd like to thank each and everyone in the Berserker community for making the board so terrific! Did I just win?

Cheers,

Hal
by Craig G
December 25th, 2020, 8:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Embrace your cellar diversity

My cellar is very diverse. I have wines from all over France.
by D@vid Bu3ker
December 29th, 2020, 6:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Off vintages that took you by surprise.

Unless something truly disastrous happens, I don’t believe in “off vintages” anymore. Vineyard work and winemaking are at a very high level, and can handle almost anything nature does. Severe rains at harvest or fire (to name two potential things) can have very bad consequences, but even rain is so ...
by JDavisRoby
January 2nd, 2021, 9:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your cellar's core strength?

Developing core strength is my cellar’s NY resolution. Really want to protect the spine for longevity. Help with rotation and speed.
by M.Kaplan
January 4th, 2021, 2:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How would we rate 1982 Bordeaux if they were released today?

I took a second mortgage on my home to buy ‘82 Bordeaux and bought almost 100 cases. They have provided me with 40 years of drinking pleasure, with more to go. Couldn’t ask for anything more.
by Robert M yers
January 13th, 2021, 12:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TN: 2017 Marie et Pierre Bénetière Côte-Rôtie Cordeloux

Got the email form Robert Panzer regarding 2017 last 01/07, replied within less than 30 minutes but have not heard back at all. Usually Robert responds very quickly, maybe too many people ordered at the same time? [dontknow.gif] [dontknow.gif] He doesn’t sell based on response time like Envoyer and...
by Stephen Chen
January 20th, 2021, 11:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivers-Marie ‘19 Pinot Release

I picked up lucky 7 (mostly my fave - Occidental) and WL a Platt. Beautiful wines. Rich, how would you describe the Occidental Ridge? I ordered some based on previously liking the other RM sonoma coast bottlings and because I've had general luck with pinots with "Occidental" in the name (...
by Dale McClaran
January 21st, 2021, 5:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TN: 2013 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Le Vigne (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

2013 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Le Vigne - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (1/21/2021) Decanted 4 hrs. Most notes indicate on CT that this has not shut down and is drinking really well at present, never had a Sandrone before, pull that cork. My first impression (half glass) was how massive the structu...
by Shoshana Filene
January 21st, 2021, 5:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TN: Barolo Vignarionda Luigi Pira 2013

WAY TOO YOUNG. Based on some critic notes, I thought it would be more approachable now. Although given the fact that I like Pira's Nebbiolo Langhe with 5-10 years in good vintages, it is not surprising that this one should be so shut down. Decanted for 4 hours and just starting to get the florals co...
by Patrick T a y l o r
January 29th, 2021, 11:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BerserkerDay 12 - Offer feedback from the community

What a great day. The offers were beyond my wildest imagination. Some specific thoughts: All Offers Should... 1. FIX THE SHIPPING GLITCHES IN ADVANCE!!! - Do a test run to make sure everything works up through checkout - A crew of 10 Grand Cru Cru could each take a batch of 10 offers and test by 1/2...
by Todd F r e n c h
January 29th, 2021, 4:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BerserkerDay 12 - Offer feedback from the community

Sounds like I would be well served, with as huge as BerserkerDay has become, to assemble a BerserkerDay Team of sorts, huh?
by Brady Daniels
February 2nd, 2021, 10:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Causes The "Cola" Aroma in Some Pinot Noirs?

I’m sure it appears plenty elsewhere, but if I taste blind and get cola, I’m for sure guessing RRV.
by F.Daner
February 12th, 2021, 2:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A.G. On 2017 Barolo

I don't see buying many 17's. It was good to see some of my favorites- Vajra and Grasso have solid reviews as I seem to align well to AG. I'll probably wait and buy those next year. I'll still be buying 16's this year. They are so good.
by Phil Smith
February 14th, 2021, 4:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pairing suggestions — cioppino?

Did white Rioja with a cioppino-like dish tonight. Worked pretty well.
by Vincent Fritzsche
February 16th, 2021, 5:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Breezing through Napa (and Sonoma Valley)

I drove down to Los Angeles from Oregon a few weeks ago, and on the way back I thought I'd take the time to see Napa - somewhere I hadn't been since 2000 when my wife and I moved to Portland from San Francisco. On the way I drove up 101, hoping to detour off the main road at King City to drive throu...
by P L owet
February 18th, 2021, 11:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asimov on vintages

1. I find general descriptions of vintage characteristics helpful. That doesn't imply that producer doesn't matter. 2. I find overall vintage scores much less helpful. 3. Info about vintage (description or score) is less helpful when "region" is large and heterogeneous. 4. Overall vintage ...
by Howard Cooper
February 19th, 2021, 5:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pinot: Rhys v. Rochioli v. Aubert v. CA Others v. Burgundy

I hit Vinopolis for Burgundy semi-regularly and not much is less than $70. I guess we must have better wine stores in the DC area. Esp. with respect to producers from the Côte Chalonnaise like Moirots and Juillot. https://www.weygandtwines.com/search?type=article%2Cpage%2Cproduct&q=moirots* htt...
by CCoulson
February 20th, 2021, 2:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pinot: Rhys v. Rochioli v. Aubert v. CA Others v. Burgundy

In Givry try Desvignes. The importer I buy from says: William Kelley praises them as “succulent,” “elegant,” and “a decided success.” Kelley named winemaker Gautier Desvignes one of the region’s “Five Emerging Talents to Watch.” They have at least 3 1er cru under $40 in addition to a Givry village ...
by Rodrigo B
February 22nd, 2021, 3:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #rieslingstudy - Age your Kabinetts!

Sounds like you're receiving my question in the manner I was hoping it would be received, Sarah. Curious to see what others have to say, too! To add a bit - I think that spatlese, auslese, kabinett have not only different levels of RS, they have different textures, structures and shapes, if that ma...
by Todd Tucker
February 28th, 2021, 2:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to make the most of young Barolo?

Alex, if you have a chance, and they are available, I would buy some softer recent vintages. Barbareco can be earlier maturing and while there is a bell curve of structured vineyards in both Barolo and Barbaresco that is wide, I would tend to agree that on average Barbaresco matures earlier. Most re...