Search found 9 matches

Return

by Tom G l a s g o w
December 4th, 2020, 5:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Value White Burgundy (Under $20) [POLL ADDED]

Nearly 50% are Chablis. Is that a function of palates on this board or pricing of different regions? Yes, 1993 posts and this is your question? 7663 posts and this is your question? (Sorry!) Like yours, a rhetorical question (sort of). I was surprised not more selections from Macon, and other areas...
by Jay Miller
December 6th, 2020, 3:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wazzat Mean...."Been Thanked"??

You may now thank the author of a post by clicking the thumbs up button on the top right of the post.
by Matthew Brown
December 9th, 2020, 6:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your five favorite and least favorite Bond movies

Will concede Thunderball is in the top 5 if we can trim about 20 minutes off the underwater ‘battle’. Like watching a lava lamp.
by Pat Martin
December 10th, 2020, 12:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TN: Is Bordeaux 2000 still going strong?

What does PLL mean ? Pichon LaLande Acronym police here. It's P ichon- L ongueville, [au Comtesse de] L alande Doesn’t this makes you the abbreviation police, as acronyms are generally meant to form a word pronounced as such? [pillow-fight.gif] ac·ro·nym /ˈakrəˌnim/ noun an abbreviation formed from...
by Jeff Leve
December 31st, 2020, 12:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poll - off vintages in Bordeaux

I am not sure who came up with this list of "Off Vintages", but most of the years listed offer a lot of good wines. An "Off Vintage" is not a year that is less than perfect. It is a moderate but, not poor vintage, for example, 1987, 1994, 1997, 2007. Vintages like 1979, 1981, 198...
by Jonathan Favre
January 2nd, 2021, 10:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you want to try in 2021????

Craig G wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:46 am I have a 2001 horizontal of Rayas, Pignan and Ch. des Tours Vacqueyras that I’ve wanted to share with friends for some time. Hopefully this year.
Would love to attend Craig - in fact, would love to contribute! I've enjoyed the '89 and '90 Rayas - all gone - but have from '03 onward to throw in.
by Keith Levenberg
January 17th, 2021, 7:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Top Red Burgundy vintage of the 21st century so far

That's interesting. I had a sense that 2010 might be an earlier-maturing vintage, but I wouldn't have guessed 2009 as a later-maturing one. I haven't had much of either since release.
by Joshua Kates
January 19th, 2021, 10:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Puy Lacoste 1985 and 1996

Nice post as usual, Julian, thanks!
I have some '95; any recent experience there? (I take it less might be expected, but you never know.)