Flannery Beta Burger test

Bryan Flannery was kind enough to include me in testing his new burger product. For those of you who don’t know about this, you can build you own burger from various types of meat.

I went with:

25% Prime Filet Tail
25% Wagyu Chuck
25% Prime Top Sirloin
25% Hanger Steak

Last night burgers were a big success, I was able to grill them to medium rare and then I let them sit for a few minutes just like I would a steak. When I cut it, it was quite juicy and it tasted great with wonderful flavors. I didn’t tell my son about it but he voluntarily said that this was the best burger he’s ever had.

This is a must buy for all Flannery lovers but to buy it on it’s own is expensive…but if you’re doing a regular meat order I would defiantly include the burger. This is a no brainer.

[welldone.gif] Bryan, and [thankyou.gif]

Thanks for the report! We will definitely do this next time we have house guests. I was actually amazed that most of Bryan’s recommended blends were $36 for 4 pounds. That’s a great value IMO if you consider the quality and the number of people it will feed.

Easily the best hamburgers I have ever had. Did three different blends as sliders this past Saturday. Expensive, yes…but worth every dime. We did ours on a cast iron griddle on top of a TEC IR grill. Perfection.

The blends that we tried:

Wagyu Chuck 25%
Prime Hanger 25%
Wagyu Short Ribs 25%
Dry Aged Steak Ends 25%

Wagyu Chuck 25%
Prime Hanger Steak 25%
Wagyu Short Ribs 25%
Prime Beef Rib Cap Fat Blend 25%

Prime Sirloin 50%
Prime Hanger Steak 25%
Wagyu Short Ribs 25%

You got a TEC? awesome…

Not yet. We were over at my buddy David Taffe’s house. He is the proud new owner.

Bill - what was your favorite blend? How was the griddle on the TEC versus cooking with cast iron on a stove top?

The blend that incorporated the rib cap fat blend was the unanimous favourite of the eight people. I didn’t actually do the cooking, but they turned out with an excellent crust and perfect medium rare center.

Anyone have any tips as to what their favorite blend is? I am grabbing a sampler pack but was looking for any recommendations on any other special or custom blends. The foie gras option has my interest peaked but not sure how it would taste in a burger.

The nice new thing about moving back to CA, making a Friday trip over to Corte Madera to pick it up in person!

Rico, I think that no matter what the other 50% is made up from, you need 25% Wagyu Short Ribs and 25% Rib Cap Fat Blend.

I can’t wait to try these. I’ve told myself I’m going to wait until I’m out in Corte Madera soon to say hi to Bryan to order again … but it’s so hard to wait when I’m out of Flannery …

fired up some of the Rudd blend tonight on the weber. Really nice texture and the burgers were crazy juicy. Finished to a shade under medium rare which turned out perfect. I really liked this blend and cant wait to try the others.

25% Prime Chuck
25% Wagyu Chuck
25% Wagyu Short Ribs
25% Prime Brisket Fat Blend

thanks for making me order. [berserker.gif]

burger blend

25% Prime Chuck
25% Prime Hanger Steak
25% Prime Short Ribs
25% Prime Beef Rib Cap Fat Blend

steaks and burgers have landed. will do a pack of the burgers tonight on the cast iron pan in the dome.

I liked them on the Weber but I bet I could get some more concentration on a cast iron pan; which I will try this weekend.

don’t want all that goodness dripping into the fire.

best burger I have ever made and quite possibly best I’ve ever had. Cooked to a perfect medium rare all the way through. nice and even. A pretzel brioche bun, crisp red lettuce, aged cheddar, caramelized red onion and shiitake mushrooms.
Now the qeustion is will my gall bladder like it as well.
Perfect pairing with Dogfish Squall

Pics to follow.

Stop!

I’ll be stopping by Corte Madera on my way home from Sebastopol on Sat. Yum!

Yum Yum!!!

Looks great Jordan…What’s on the burger?

look up a couple of posts

as my 5 yr old is eating hers, she says with a what the f*ck look on her face, “you’re taking pictures of your hamburger??” Pretty sure she has known me a while so why so surprises? Don’t all her classmates dads take pictures of dinner?