Some notes from the OPH Summer Party

I seem to recall drinking a lot, and even some of it that was worth drinking. I am trying to especially recall what all it was that I (and The Cellar Rats) opened so I can delete it from inventory. Unfortunately, the “cleaning crew” got most of the bottles into the dumpster before I could record them. These are what I recall, I wonder how many I missed.
1999 Burgess Merlot from 3 liter - Kriss, awesome work on cork extraction. Sorry it was not really worth the effort. Flat, boring, slight chemical nose, but somehow 2 liters evaporated.
2002 White Rose Pinot - awesome. Previously this had been all over the map with respect to the brett problem, but this one was the outstanding example that caused me to buy it the first time. Beautiful and my WOTN.
2005 Native9 Rancho Ontiveros Pinot - got only the last swallow from the bottle, but I sure seemed good.
2006 Cabot Kimberly’s (Berserker bottling) Syrah - tight, not yielding much at all on either the nose or palate. Dark, dense, kinda boring. Popped and poured of course so if you want to drink them now, decant, decant decant. Better yet, don’t drink them now. My last 2 are gonna sit in the corner for a year or three.
2003 Termes - empty bottle.
2001 Newton unfiltered Cabernet - empty bottle.
2001 (or 2003?) Chateau de Myrat Sauternes - missed it.
2002 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Chardonnay - oak bomb, went quickly, but I hated it.
2003 Chateau La Couspaude, Saint-Emilion - decent, but while the dusty nose and taste ruined it for me, I was the sole minority opinion.
1999 Clos du Marquis, Saint-Julien - empty bottle.
2007 Uncle Heimlich’s Chokecherry Wine - made in South Dakota. Curious. Light yellow, viscous-looking, chemical pear nose, neither sweet nor sour, undrinkable really, but curious.
NV Vouvrey sparkling - seemed like much adoo about nothing. Boring.

Notable arriving bottles I recall were:
Wind Gap Pinot Gris and Chardonnay - the Pinot Gris was quite nice, but the Chard was too oaked for me.
Pride Viogner - massive complexity, but too oaky for me.
2008 Storm Sauvignon Blanc - amazing take on the SB, and liked it a lot.

There were at least another 20 bottles. [thumbs-up.gif] Anyone else remember what they brought?

Somehow I bet that ‘Choke Cherry’ “Wine” was appropriately named. You think it might be better from North Dakota? [tease.gif]

Looks like a great time as usual. Sorry to have missed it…er…not really…well, yeah…er…you know what I mean. grouphug

You are always so clear Cris. Yes, wish you had been here.
Wonder what happened to the photos I posted??