TN: N.V. Domaine Tissot (André & Mireille now Stéphane) Crémant du Jura

• N.V. Domaine Tissot (André & Mireille now Stéphane) Crémant du Jura - France, Jura, Crémant du Jura (2/3/2011)
    Deep gold. Chardonnay and Poulsard. Brioche and granny smith nose. Medium bodied with a great mix of meyer lemon and more green apple. Great mouthfeel with tons of refreshing acid. Long finish adds an herbal note. Unbelievable qpr at $20. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I tried this for the first time about a week ago. I was similarly impressed. With the focused fruit and beautiful autolytic components, I thought this would fare well against a number of $50ish Champagnes, even grower stuff. screaming value.

Agreed, good stuff. Been a case buy every year for a few now.

One of the few non-Champagnes that can genuinely fool people in a blind tasting with that acidity and hints of almond. Should also find their ‘Cuvee Indigene’, which uses their Vin de Paille for the secondary fermentation. Adds incredible weight to the midpalate and a deeper nutty character, and is usually only $5 more at most, but much more limited.

I tried the Indigène a little over a year ago. Very cool sparkler, delicious, but will not be confused with Champagne. But wines from the Jura suck. Really. They do. Please be sure to tell everyone you know not to buy them. Thank you. [wink.gif]