$30 for $60 at lot18 via Tippr

Tippr (similar to LivingSocial, Groupon, etc.) has a $30 for $60 deal going on for lot18.

Link to deal - full disclosure if you use this link, I get a bonus. Otherwise you can always go directly to Tippr and select Boston as your city.

I did a search and didn’t see anything about referrals, but let me know if this should be removed.

Thanks, did it. I got an instant $5 credit and assume you did too. So the $60 value actually costs $25. And it was also listed under Atlanta, so I assume is national.

Anyone have an invite code for lot 18 I should use? I assume it gives a kickback to you if you share?

Done, Thanks Corey and Tyler!

Is lot18 affiliated with snooth (the same snooth scraping data from cellartracker)?

I’m not sure if it’s directly associated with snooth, but the several of the principals are (which is why I did not post this). OTOH, they are supposedly purging their system of the info they took from cellartracker. Not really sure how I feel about all of this.

I’ve ordered from Lot18 before and had a good experience. If anyone needs a code to join, send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you an invite.

I had previously thought we had issue with them due to the CT relationship. But then they were a participating vendor in Berserker Day, so I assumed we had “gotten right” with them. I would be interested to hear Eric’s take on this, as it relates to the CT scrpaing issue, as I want to support him in whatever way possible.

anyone want to send me an invite code?

I’ve extended our original Wine Berserkers invitation link for another month:

http://www.lot18.com/invite/wineberserkers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
Josh from Lot18

Josh,

What is the link between Lot18 and Snooth, if any? As you know, many members are hesitant to support your site (myself included) because of possible data scraping. Perhaps you could clear things up a bit.

Thanks.

I got the Tippr offer but at the moment I don’t see any outstanding bargains on lot18, just the overpriced Sbragia cabs. I gather that their inventory changes daily. Have any of you gotten anything exceptionally good or at least high QPR from them? What should I look out for? Or should I cash in my chips on some random overpriced California cab?

Patience, grasshopper. You’ve got six months, something good will come around (Novy/Siduri has appeared in the past)

It’s expired…any other LOT18 offers out there???

I don’t think so – I’ve looked.

I read on another forum that people were gaming the system, buying literally hundreds of dollars of vouchers at a time, so my hunch is that they are taking a hiatus from the voucher promotions. Seems like an easy tweak to only allow people to use one voucher at a time, but what do I know?

the control wouldn’t be on the lot 18 side but the voucher side. I have about 4 vouchers deposited into my lot 18 account. When you purchase you can use all of them at once, kinda like a lot 18 bank account. I have seen on the voucher websites that they will only let you purchase one at a time.

I’m not seeing this under Boston or Atlanta? Expired already? Is there a way to get to more vouchers than just the three I see onscreen for any given city?

I jumped on the 2003 Juslyn spring mountain cab today. CT reviews look promising and a good RP 93 review. I didn’t want to sit around and wait for something better while risking my vouchers as they do expire. $99 for the two pack of the 2003 Juslyn, grabbed 2 two packs and with all my vouchers it cost me $24 a bottle.

[winner.gif]

I have scored six or seven hundred dollars worth of vouchers and consolidated them all on my Lot 18 account. Although the Lot 18 deals are quite as solid as the deals you might find at Invino.com, wine woot or Wines 'til Sold Out, when you are scoring on average 100 dollars worth of vouchers for 40 bucks, all the wine is a good deal. I picked up an entire case of their L’Ecole Cabernet out of Walla Walla for pennies on the dollar. Waiting now for some Cornerstone Cabernet that was equally a steal.

I am always on the hunt for more vouchers so feel free to share!

How does one amass this many vouchers? I picked up one each from Tippr and BuyWithMe (in retrospect, I ought to have bought more than one from each site). Are there any other working voucher sources at this time?