Asimov: The Chardonnays of CA

Nice post by Eric Asimov on transformation at Kistler, and the best of various CA Chard styles…
The Chardonnays of California - The New York Times" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(disclaimer- I work production / for the winemaker of LIOCO)

Just had 2003 Kistler Hudson the other day. I have to say I still enjoy Kistler’s chardonay, not so much with their Pinot.

Hardy,

I thought it was a good article without many of the polemics that often accompany “style-change” articles.

I am not a huge Kistler buyer/drinker – though I once bought a pretty good amount – and still pull out an older one every now and then. On those older Chards, whatever their style on release, I’ve been pretty happy with how they have aged. Wondering how this style shift will affect their ageability? (You often see people say, “I wasn’t happy with the way they were aging so I’m changing the style” — but what if you were happy with how they were aging?).

Cheers,

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines

+1

That may be changing: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/12/dining/12pour.html?emc=eta1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;