'09 Janasse Viognier (Vin De Pays)

Our own Ian Dorin told me to try this when I was at the Wine Library today. NICE call Ian.

I LOVE Viognier. But, I am very particular. I dislike the fruit bomb, CREAMY, oaky, over the top style. And to me, that is not just from California. Condrieu does this too, but they charge $50 and up.

I am always interested in well priced Viognier that suits my style. But under $20 is almost impossible to find, at least for me…If I want what I want from Viognier.

I am not sure I have ever had a Viognier with this much class and distinction as this wine. This is everything that I want in my Viognier (for an affordale quaffer…although I think this goes beyond that).

Beautiful floral nose, a bit of spiciness, a nice med/full mouthfeel, with some peach, minerals and all those characteristics that Viogniers should have, without being one of those over the top oaked infused things that I shy away from. This wine is pretty nice, actually more than nice, for all of $18 at the Wine Library. Thanks Ian…for once, you were right!