TN: 2009 Georges Dubœuf Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau

• 2009 Georges Dubœuf Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau (11/21/2009)
    12.5% alcohol. This is a good deal better than the 2008 for sure. Quite pleasant and to my taste the most enjoyable Nouveau in a few years. Purple/red, with a grapey and red fruited bouquet. Simple, of course, but refreshing and good character. Very drinkable. No harsh edges. Not diluted as in lesser years. B

Posted from CellarTracker

My dad had it last night and said exactly the same thing- Best one in a few years. Might as well give one a shot.

Why would anyone spend money on this stuff? For $10, you can actually get good wine.

I don’t know, it’s kind of fun. I wouldn’t get Duboeuf’s, but maybe a better producer.

My guess is best since 2005, as they seem to follow Burgundy (not surprisingly) for vintages.

Hey, if you are rich, like Steve, why not? neener

I had some enjoyed it quite a bit. Fresh and fruity. A good wine. I think it bodes very well for the 2009 vintage in Beajolais.

I used to be able to at least pretend I was rich, but with starting up my own wine label, I can’t even pretend anymore. [beg.gif]

I got it for $8.45 at Costco … so there [winner.gif]