Your go-to snack.

Pop Tarts.

A former Napa winery owner introduced me to Costco dried blueberries on a trip 10 years ago.

Baguette

String cheese, olives and almonds.

You win.

-Aaron

Champagne

I’m with Russell. I don’t snack at all during the week, and on weekends, I don’t even eat lunch; I make a big breakfast and don’t eat again until dinner.

I wonder if this will change when I retire.

Based upon my FIL, breakfast just gets moved later in the morning

Rillettes with some baguette are a go to. Also Cheese straws.

I’m not opposed to this!

One thing I will not miss about working the daily grind is getting up at 5:30 every day. A late breakfast suits me just fine.

I’m with Russell. I don’t snack at all during the week, and on weekends, I don’t even eat lunch; I make a big breakfast and don’t eat again until dinner.

Actually that’s what I do every day. Maybe have a handful of nuts sometime in the afternoon, but I can’t eat much during the day.

These are SOOOO good!!

Awesome.

Rillettes rule.

Great answer.

Semi-sweet dark chocolate chips!!

Those are delicious.

Agreed. Easy to get crisp flavouring *horribly wrong, but these are exceptional. Mostly seen in the large packets, but smaller packets do exist. Definitely not one to eat too much of, as there is a reasonably heavy salting, but perhaps more so, truffle is a very rich flavour so a little goes a long way.

• I recall tasting a supposedly ‘fancy’ pack from UK supermarket Sainsbury’s, in their ‘Taste the difference’ range. Unfortunately, yes, I could taste the difference, in this case between something palatable and something distinctly unpalatable.

+1 in that all the way!

Pâté! Cashews often work well for me too.

Interesting. A lot of snack recommendations that throw off the taste of a fine red wine to me: olives, asparagus, chocolates, pop corn. Even nuts do not work that well for me and red wine.

I prefer crackers with cheese and dried meats.

Yeah, I am about 45 points on some of these recommendations.

Pizza. Or cookies. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, a glass of Bordeaux, and a novel.

My folks always have a bunch of snacky stuff. I love big green olives from Central Market, soft cheeses, and various dried meats, but never have any of that stuff at my house. I usually have wine alone or with dinner, or after dinner with something sweet.

Wine aside, my favorite snacks are probably dried meats, smokehouse almonds, salted cashews, and buttered, salted, and roasted pecan halves. A good batch of those can be used to bribe me into almost anything.