Yikes, I am afraid to check my e-mail.

Alban hit my inbox earlier today. '13 Revas for $98/$205 (Magnum)

Skipped on the Pandora (the word sweet came up too many times in the letter for me).
Ordered a few Revas and magnum :slight_smile:

First release in awhile I am not buying. My Syrah stash has reached its limit.

Alban hit my inbox earlier today. '13 Revas for $98/$205 (Magnum)[/quote]
First release in awhile I am not buying. My Syrah stash has reached its limit.[/quote]

New World Syrah is usually the stash I drain the fastest. For my palate, it’s very good 3-5 years from vintage and peaked by around 6 or 7 years from vintage and I don’t like to hold it forever. Compare that to my Nebbiolo, Napa Cabs, certain Pinot Noir, and a lot of my other stuff sits awhile.

Speaking of Syrah, Reynvaan 2016 futures offer just hit too (although they give you 2 months to pull the trigger). Prices are up a bit - Stonessence up to $110 and Contender up to $90 (not including tax or shipping) - getting to be pretty pricey juice. I do like it though and I’m sure I will be buying a few of the under $100 bottles.

Weird, I don’t see anything. But I logged on and have an allocation. Good thing for WB!

I didn’t get the Carlisle e-mail either - their website did say the offer would be coming out on the 18th though.

Buying at least a case of the Williams Selyem Fall release.

I made it through Saxum, Carlisle and Rivers Marie. Bedrock is next up and then the CC will be put away for awhile.

anyone have a date on scarlett?

Kutch today…

I was thinking about these. Pricier than I expected. Any notes?

For the Reynvaan
2016 Stonessence - This 100% Syrah explodes with Butcher Shop like aromas, salty cured meats, dense campfire smoke, black olive, black fruits, ponzu sauce, seamless integration of oak, fine grain tannins and richness unlike anything created at Reynvaan over the years.

2016 The Contender - Highly concentrated and old world in style, this Syrah/Marsanne co-ferment has incredible presence and purity of terroir. Tastes of reduced blackberry sauce over veal chop, with crushed stones, incense, pure licorice and soot smoke are seamless on the palette. The fine grain tannins are perfectly woven throughout giving The Contender a harmonious style of savory and sweet.

2016 In the Rocks - Incredibly dark and almost opaque, this Syrah/Viognier wine has a level of umami that has to be tasted to believe. The floral bouquet of peach, apricot, black tea gives way to Asian spice, soy sauce, mushroom, and slowly braised wagyu beef. Extremely rich and concentrated this wine has all the stuffing that makes this the greatest vintage of In the Rocks ever created.

2016 Foothills Reserve - Think truffle pasta topped with cracked black pepper, this intense Northern Rhone style 100% Syrah is firm, focused and extremely savory. Black olive, warm bone marrow with sea salt, the Reserve syrah is mouth coating, reminding me of an Hermitage/St-Joseph. Only 200 cases were created of this elixir.

2016 In the Hills - Raspberry black pepper sauce over smoked duck gives way to exotic citrus, and violets. The Syrah/Viognier co-ferment has ripe apricot and white flowers on the nose with a very round and generous mouthfeel. Seamless integration of tannins, silky smooth texture helps make this one of the most approachable and seductive Syrahs being created in Washington.

I signed up for Kutch months ago thinking I’d get to try some by now. With the prices seeming so reasonable, might be willing to try a 6 pack without a previous tasting.

Go for it. Great wines made in a more restrained style. I’ve been buying since the start and if you’re thinking about getting a 6-pack I would suggest getting 2 SC Chard, 2 Bohan & 2 SC Pinot. If you’re not a chard drinker get a 3 pack of the other two.

Thanks for the tip I’ll give it a shot!

Since you haven’t had an opportunity to try any of Jamie’s wines, I know you’re going to want to pop one soon after you get them, but try to give them a few months at least to settle in and then be sure to give them a good decant.

I remember reading that there was a listing somewhere of when these California offerings came out. Anybody know of such a listing?
Thanks.

Winerelease.com, not the best accuracy, but I’m not aware of anything better.

Thanks.