Worms In Swordfish

Sea cucumber, anybody??

It’s a lot worse in long-lived apex predators like swordfish that live close to the surface.

I have heard it was a high percentage as well. There is a member here that would now exactly what the regs are.

Bunch o’ pussies. Eat your fish and stop bitching.

You don’t eat chicken feet? What in the hell is wrong with you?

[wow.gif]

i freaking love sea cucumber braised. omg.

Did you mean that you HAD to cut them out, as in, before you cooked it?? Say it ain’t so. [help.gif]

Pulling the race card, huh? pileon

Our new super H-Mart has fish tanks and you can often find LIVE sea cucumbers.

And Korean grannies chasing them around with little fish nets.

I can identify tripe and chicken feet in J Kims post but what is that other stuff?

Chicken feet are an essential ingredient in Keller Chicken stock. Gives a magnificent texture.

And tripe – that’s OK especially in Szechuan dishes.

Worms. Well, my eyes are going bad. I am beginning to doubt their existence.

Pig Kidney. [barf.gif]

It’s a Chinese delicacy, but I’m Korean. I won’t eat organs that make urine.

I hear it goes great with Burgundy. Like everything else.

“I was afraid of WORMS, Roxanne, WORMS!!”
[snort.gif]

I’m a urologist. I won’t either.
alan

I remember about 10 - 15 years ago, when sushi was really taking off in my area, a good friend was at a sushi bar and literally saw the worms crawling out of his raw fish. He swore it off for 10+ years and only occassionally abides now. I think I recall people getting some form of parasite from sushi about the same time.

I just had some last week. Spanish restaurant in the middle of nowhere called El Bulli.

Not specifically pig kidney but … steak and kidney pie is very common in England. You will find it eaten in lots of different cultures. I’d be shocked if Koreans do not eat kidney.

+1 on sea cucumber. Nasty things to handle but taste great when prepared right. A nice flavorful sake is good when the meat is prepared simply with vegetables in broth.

Found worms in my fresh fish a few years ago. Took it back and the fish guy said that it’s not too uncommon and that they die when you cook the fish so it’s not a problem. We returned the fish anyway and had steak that night.

Reading comprehension problems, Frank?

neener

Nothing wrong with steak and kidney pie. Or scrapple for that matter. I just don’t want to watch as it is made…