Wine-Searcher's New Wine Alert Policy Sucks

I wonder if a prominent first page thread here had anything to do with that…

Ya think? [wink.gif] I bet there are members that have received emails from wineries and/or retailers about their posts here also.

I actually included a link to this thread in my sharply worded email to them.

I received a similar email response and also linked this thread…

Hi Mark

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, we had a technical problem. We were experiencing two issues: people setting alerts, forgetting they had done so and then querying why they were getting an alert, and an increasing workload on our servers of checking every wine alert every day, across every merchant.

We will provide a longer duration alert within the next 48 hours as we get a new technical solution in place. We will automatically refresh your existing alerts to this new limit. We are working toward providing a one year alert time frame; and with a simple one-click renewal for another year in order to roll alerts over for another 12 months.

Again, sorry for the trouble. What else would you like to see on Wine-Searcher? Do you use the app and ‘My Ratings’ as well?

Regards

Ross

The cynicism here that they only responded so quickly because it was a thread on a board. I am just glad they listened and did something about it.

I can’t seem to figure out how to put in the price triggers? How exactly does that work?

The simplest wine alert: there will always be another wine.

Alex, do you have WS Pro (paid)? If so, your search should have price parameters for the search. You pick a “below” $x price (or range) and then scroll down and press “wine alert”.